What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad syncing

thediusx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Unless you delete the apps manually, they will not disappear and delete the user data with them.

Syncing does not delete apps/data.

Well, it didn't delete the apps, just moved 'em backand forth between my ipad and computer, but it did delete their data.
And I certainly did not TRY to have this hassle, I didn't knowingly "manually" erase them, and if I did so accidentally somehow, you'd think there'd be a promt or two to avoid such accidental catastophies, and I'm hoping to avoid it somehow happening again.

thediusx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
One more question, regarding this statement.

You made a manual sync and set it to only sync photos? In that case, it is no wonder, all your apps got removed, because you instructed iTunes to only sync photos and nothing else.

yeah, guess so.
Photos was the only box I checked, figuring that was all I was syncing. I didn't want to go through the hassle of syncing my whole itunes library which, ironically, didn't get deleted even though they were unchecked as well...

Axis360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back up

How many times does it happen that we wished we had a back up?
I still say try to go to an early back up on your ipad, might do it.
2nd do you use a back up if not do it now there are several out there. I use time mach on computer and it has worked and helped me in past. You need something that works in background and does this automatically!
Don't wait find what works for you. Sorry I can't help more

mmalan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm so lucke to own now my second iPad and feel extremely spoilt.
I have one problwm that I can't seem to get right.

I have 6500 photos in iTunes on my Mac neatly organised into named events. When I sync these event to my iPad (64G) it splits the events into lots and lots of smaller ones. Is there a way that I can have my photos synced to my ipad in the exact way it is on iTunes? It is the main reason i bought the new 64G - to view and download my photos and have it available EVERYWHERE I go.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmalan said:
Hi I'm so lucke to own now my second iPad and feel extremely spoilt.
I have one problwm that I can't seem to get right.

I have 6500 photos in iTunes on my Mac neatly organised into named events. When I sync these event to my iPad (64G) it splits the events into lots and lots of smaller ones. Is there a way that I can have my photos synced to my ipad in the exact way it is on iTunes? It is the main reason i bought the new 64G - to view and download my photos and have it available EVERYWHERE I go.

Tell iTunes to sync them from iPhoto. Then set your pics the way you want in iphoto

mmalan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did! I sync iphone, ipod classic, ipod nano and my ipad to itunes. Events still get split on ipad and is not like in iphoto. I'm a Mac user and understand normal prosedure well. This blows my mind...

Most reactions