What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad stuck in restore mode

Yodale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroken my ipad 4.21 using redsn0w
worked great! downloaded bunch of tweaks and apps using Cydia
I came to install iProtect, there started the chaos
I locked the settings using iProtect, several times tried to delete it, until i succeeded.
it crashed my ipad to the point i my ipad get stuck on the restore window, when trying to Restore from scratch, formatting the ipad to original i get stuck at 75% and nothing happens.
i tried downgrade, tried reinstall through redsn0w
tried to boot using tinyumbrella - nothing does it
nothing works
i finally decided to ask for help
i am no master but i can easily follow instructions
please help me

Last edited by a moderator:

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I could help, I am in the same situation, my ipad wont connect to itunes to do a restore at all.

fancyworks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried to restor the settings. Add More Details. So that i can help you.

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
restore what settings? I can't access the ipad at all as its in a re-boot state...Can I use another method to restore it?

I am on firmware 4.2.1 jailbroken

OP
Y

Yodale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fancyworks thanks for offering your help...
i have tried 101 ways to try and fix it and nothing will do, it will just be stuck at conntect to itunes no matter what i do

walker...
a friend of mine was about to take my ipad to apple store and try and replace it... he had the genius idea to try and restore it himself...
and it worked like magic, first try, first restore and went back to original settings, applied the jailbreak again and works fine as before

my suggestion, try and restore your broken ipad with another computer
i use a mac and so does my friend, no idea if it is important or not
but try restore with another computer and see what happens

wishing you luck

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will try on another computer and see what happens thanks

critter210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my iPhone 4 until I disabled my firewall.

-alan-

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try one of these fixes

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]1- Turn the iPad off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPad for a few seconds until a red slider appears. Then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

OR

2- Reset iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

#1 worked for me when I was locked/stalled
[/FONT]

drsaad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone got black screen , i did the same and got blank screen now stuck in recovery mode

Most reactions

Latest posts