What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode - TinyUmbrella No Help!

BzowK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Morning -

I've had my iPad2 for a few moths now. It came with 4.3.3 installed so I jailbroke it straight away. Unfortunatly, I was too late to get the SHSH blobs for that version.

Yesterday I was using the iPad as usual when it all of a sudden rebooted. This happens sometimes, so I just waited for it to come back up. The only problem was that instead it went into Recovery Mode.

I launched TinyUmbrella (newest version) and choose to "Exit Recovery." It rebooted the iPad and I was taking a while so I thought it was fixed. Right before it would usually get to where it prompts for my passcode, though, it rebooted again and went back into Recovery Mode.

I tried kicking it with RedSn0w too, but it said it didn't support the iPad2. I also got into DFU and ran "Fix Recovery" in TinyUmbrella, but that didn't do anything.

I'd love to be able to restore it, but must have it jailbroken and the earliest SHSH blobs I have are 4.3.5. The good news (if any) is that iTunes does see it as a device in recovery mode. At least it detects it! (for now)

Any Suggestions? Please Help! Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are no tools which support kicking the iPad2 out of recovery mode, therefore it sounds like you have no option but to restore to stock 5.0 firmware and wait for the jailbreak to be released. Sorry, there really is nothing else that can be done. 4.3.5 is of little use to you as there is no jailbreak for that, and if you have a 3G iPad2 your blobs are worthless anyway.

Sorry :(

OP
B

BzowK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - I've posted on the top 5 iPad JB sites and this one is the only one where I got a response. I've got a couple more (desperate) questions, please.

- Obviously now when I turn on my iPad2, it goes to the Recovery Mode screen in about 5-6 seconds. When I try the "Exit Recovery" in TinyUmbrella, it reboots, stays at Apple logo for about a minute (which is usual when rebooting when working), then eright before it gets to the passcode screen, it reboots and goes to Recovery Screen in about 5-6 seconds again.

I was wondering if there may be any way that I may look or edit the file system in DFU mode or Recovery Mode to attempt a fix, perhaps. It must be something small. Before it randomly went into this mode last night, I hadn't installed any new apps from the App Store or Cydia either. I've tried iFunBox in DFU and Recvoery mode, but no luck. Obviously, i can't SSH to it either. Is there a way using either of these modes?

- You say no tool supports exiting recovery mode, but the TinyUmbrella did at least provide a different result. There's got to be something that I'm missing which would help.

- I know this is more of a myth, but I'm hanging on to any hope possible. Like mentioned, I do have the SHSH blobs for 4.3.5. Even though I don't believe it, is there any method that MIGHT enable a downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without the SHSH Blobs? Especially since it's already been at 4.3.3?

- Lastly, even though I didn't have anything below 4.3.5 blobs, i went into DFU mode and tried restoring 4.3.3 anyways using my current installation of iTunes 10.5.1 Beta 2. Without TinyUmbrella, it gave me a 3194 - expected. With TU, though, it gave me error 2005. Different, but the only thing I can find about it is that it may be a bad cable. Any ideas?

I realize that the above may seem mythical, but again I asked them out of desperation. Any suggestions that may have a 1% chance would be appreciated - Thanks!

Most reactions