What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad streaming/vg cable to tv

jdlr28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been thinking of purchasing some type of device or vg cable so that I can stream the video played on my iPad or the television. I know apple sells many of these accessories on their own site, yet I find them very expensive. I have seen several off name brands on other sites such as amazon. My question is, has anyone purchased some of the generic brands? If so, are they reliable? And does anyone have strong opinion against buying off name accessories? Will they harm my iPad? By the way, I own a stock iPad 2.

Thank you,

jdlr28

dmspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've purchased a number of generic devices for many types of equipment, especially from Amazon and ebay. 2 years ago I bought 3 plug in power adapters and 2 car adapters for our iphones. Total was about $11 off eBay. I've had no trouble with them at all. If I have one complaint its the cords are usually a bit short.

Also check out Monoprice for these knockoffs.

Most reactions

Latest posts