What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad shutdown

johnmichael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi what can I do, my iPad was shutdown. My battery have a 50% life, what can I do

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time for a reboot.....

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons together for a long time - perhaps even 20 seconds - until the white Apple logo appears - have faith, trust me, it *will* appear....

Your iPad will reboot and all will be OK...

Tim

weizhen77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey... I'd encounter similar issue (iPad2 got shutdown) this morning. Was on my bed watching video via AVplayerHD last night. Just before turning in for the night, I 'close' the video app with home button, and put it to standby mode.

Today morning was going to read some news with my ipad, screen remain blank upon pressing the home button several times. Standby button was not responsive too. I assume the ipad was shutdown, so press and hold the Standby button for a few more seconds. Was relieved after Apple logo starts to show up. Battery level was around 80% last night, 58% after the Standby screen shows up.

I have been an iPhone user for more than 3 years, never encounter any unexpected shutdown on my iPhone3G or iPhone3GS before. Any reason causing the ipad to shutdown? By the way, my iPad2 is currently running on iOS 4.3.5

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try leave a Computer running Windows 7 for a full 2 month, and I can assure you that it'll get stuck someplace on some application.
With iPad iOS, we leave it running month after month with no Re-boot - So as it is the Computer's way - They get poisoned in time and tend to loose consciousness .

weizhen77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have a point there, peled, but I just got my iPad2 less than 2 weeks ago...

Most reactions

Latest posts