What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen blacked out.

John B. Chuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my iPad 2 on the floor and the screen went completely black. The fall also caused the lock button to jam shut.

It was running the latest version of iOS when I dropped it, which was a few weeks ago.

Obviously, my iPad is FUBAR. However, I tried to salvage the data within it using iTunes. The iPad is still functioning alright, even the touchscreen is working.

The only problem is that the screen is completely dark. When I plugged it in to iTunes, iTunes asked me to respond on my iPad to enable access.

So guys, now I need your help. I need iPad screenshots. This is to help me figure out exactly where on the screen I need to tap. I need to enable access to my iPad and backup the data on iTunes. Thanks.

ObiJohnKenobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I can't provide screenshots, but, if it helps, I recall that the device has to be unlocked and then the notification appears dead center on the screen. It gives you two options to either accept or decline. I think the accept is on the left. So I think it would be a touch just lower left of center.

OP
J

John B. Chuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't be flailing around blindly in the dark though. I'm planning to use a transparency paper to help me out.

So first I mustt swipe right, then key in my 4-digit password, then tap "accept"?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't help you with "accept", but here are my screenshots to show you where everything should be in iOS 7.1.2:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe if you wait for a few minutes, that message disappears, though.
Hope that helps.

OP
J

John B. Chuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't help you with "accept", but here are my screenshots to show you where everything should be in iOS 7.1.2:
View attachment 58674
View attachment 58675
Maybe if you wait for a few minutes, that message disappears, though.
Hope that helps.

Just curious, why can't you help with the "accept"?

Thanks, but my iPad is in portrait mode and I'm afraid to change it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So here's the same in portrait mode:
image.jpg

image.jpg

My iPad isn't connected to iTunes, that's why I can't help with "Accept...".

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.
I hope someone else can help with the last screenshot you need. Good luck!

OP
J

John B. Chuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome.
I hope someone else can help with the last screenshot you need. Good luck!

Haha yeah. At least on the forums one can get more help than the usual tech support. Especially Microsoft support. It is downright terrible.

Most reactions