What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Safari questions

cwineman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

We are working on webapp and we've run into a few quirks with the way our app runs in Safari on an iPad 3.

First, there's a delay between when you press something clickable and the time the onclick event is triggered. There's a link about the issue here:
(Well, I'm apparently not allowed to post links yet, but you can see it by Googling this: Remove onClick delay on webkit for iPhone)

Instead of doing that workaround with the touchStart/touchEnd events, I wondered if there wasn't just a way to remove the delay. Is there a configuration file or something that I can edit that would change this behavior?

Second, when a textbox gets focus, two little "Previous"/"Next" buttons show up at the bottom of the screen. They would normally show up at the top of the electronic keyboard, but we are using a bluetooth keyboard so the electronic keyboard isn't there. And for our application, the previous/next buttons don't make sense and shouldn't be there either. I don't have high hopes for this being possible, but does anyone know of a way to disable the little previous/next buttons on textbox focus?

If this question belongs in a different forum, please move it to where it belongs.

Thanks,

-cwineman

Most reactions