What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad repair ?

Vettecor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a first generation Ipad. My friend stepped on my Ipad breaking the glass. He bought a new glass and installed it himself.

However, there is corner of the glass that when pushed is unresponsive. Have to turn the Ipad to make it work.

1. Anybody know what the problem could be ?

2. Could someone recommend a good repair shop that could fix this ?

I hate to send my Ipad out for repair to someone I don't know or who is not recommended.

Thanks

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a first generation Ipad. My friend stepped on my Ipad breaking the glass. He bought a new glass and installed it himself.

However, there is corner of the glass that when pushed is unresponsive. Have to turn the Ipad to make it work.

1. Anybody know what the problem could be ?

2. Could someone recommend a good repair shop that could fix this ?

I hate to send my Ipad out for repair to someone I don't know or who is not recommended.

Thanks
Hi Vettecor. Sorry to hear of that mishap. So that you may have a better chance of getting assistance re your questions, I've moved your thread to the iPad DIY sub-forum. Hope you get some help there.
Regards, Andrew

EricRowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge: the glass and digitizer (which senses your finger) are one piece, with a single high density connector. In my opinion, it is unlikely that a loose connector would cause your symptoms, but as it's the easiest thing to try I would recommend getting your friend to take it back apart and make sure that the connectors are seated properly and that there is no debris in the connector. Those connectors are notoriously finicky to get seated properly, but in my experience the whole thing would have stopped working in that case.

If that doesn't work, I'd bet on the new glass assembly being faulty. I don't know where you got it from, but there are a lot of disreputable vendors out there... I've bought glass assemblies for my phone from iFixit.com in the past, and when I had issues during installation they even helped out with suggestions on what to do. However even there, there was a quality difference between the original and the unit they sold me.

Most reactions

Latest posts