What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad question

alanchan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the new ipad now and I have my old ipad2
can I do direct transfer from ipad2 to my new ipad?
if not,what app do you use to transfer pictures, video etc...
from ipad2 to the new ipad?
don't want to use iTune or icloud.

ChuckinSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't want to use iTunes or iCloud? These are the standard methods for doing a backup. I used iTunes to back up my iPad 2 then transferred everything back to my new iPad. It worked like a charm including my passwords. May I ask why you don't want to use these methods?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Agree, you are making it very difficult for yourself by not using itunes or icloud.

The procedure with itunes would be backup ipad2 and then restore from backup to new ipad. Its that simple.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got the new ipad now and I have my old ipad2
can I do direct transfer from ipad2 to my new ipad?
if not,what app do you use to transfer pictures, video etc...
from ipad2 to the new ipad?
don't want to use iTune or icloud.

Since you removed the two most obvious, secure and reliable methods, then you are only left with jailbreaking both iPads. Good luck with that.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand why you wouldn't want to use the icloud backup because it has to re-download all your apps and it is super slow but it is pretty easy with itunes normally.

OP
A

alanchan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you are right, its slow to use icloud
and I don't want all my apps + pictures/music transfer from the old ipad2 to my new ipad
its not easy, thanks

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using Itunes you can select the things you want and don't want on your new one. You don't have to transfer everything.

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes...love it or hate it. I personally hate it. It's the clumsiest piece of software I have ever seen and actually accepted by the masses. It is unworthy of its association with such wonderful Apple hardware.

As for your pictures, if you have Windows you only need to plug your iPad in with iTunes off and you'll be prompted to open or save your photos.

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are using a PC then I would recommend a program called iTools 2011 Beta. Actually I think they just released a 2012 version as well. It is a great program for transfer of media and other very cool features. I have used it for about 6 months on my iPhone and also now use it on my iPad. Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts