What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad problem

carolyn bowlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with an iPad problem. I have the FIRST IPad and lately when scanning, for example, my eBay bid list...scanning up and down, my iPad will just automatically jump and the size of the print will reduce in size, and it will jump 3 or 4 times in a row each time causing the print to become smaller and smaller until I can't see to read it. When I try to scrunch it back to normal size it won't get larger. I have to turn off and start over. Anyone that can help is appreciated. I'm new to site, just signed on today and not too tech savvy . Any help appreciated,

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with an iPad problem. I have the FIRST IPad and lately when scanning, for example, my eBay bid list...

Hi Carolyn - welcome to the forum! :) Just a suggestion that next time if you have an unrelated issue to that of the OP, then start your own thread or find one w/ the same issue rather than 'hijacking' an others' thread - sorry but just a courtesy and also important for you to receive the attention needed.

As a beginning, I'm assuming your problem is occurring w/i a web browser (probably Safari) - correct? If so, then first 'force close' the web browser - double tap the 'home button' (or swipe up if multi-fingering gesturing is activated); the task bar will open at the bottom of the screen; find the browser icon by swiping right or left; when found, press and hold the app until all begin to jiggle - then press the minus sign which will CLOSE the app; return to the home screen and try again.

If the above, does not correct your issue, then 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if not familiar w/ the process; please post back your results - good luck!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
carolyn bowlin said:
Can anyone help me with an iPad problem. I have the FIRST IPad and lately when scanning, for example, my eBay bid list...scanning up and down, my iPad will just automatically jump and the size of the print will reduce in size, and it will jump 3 or 4 times in a row each time causing the print to become smaller and smaller until I can't see to read it. When I try to scrunch it back to normal size it won't get larger. I have to turn off and start over. Anyone that can help is appreciated. I'm new to site, just signed on today and not too tech savvy . Any help appreciated,

Your problem is a known eBay issue and happens with various browsers.The problem is not with your iPad but with eBay.Refreshing the page generally corrects the problem,until the next time,of course.

OP
C

carolyn bowlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Your problem is a known eBay issue and happens with various browsers.The problem is not with your iPad but with eBay.Refreshing the page generally corrects the problem,until the next time,of course.

Thanks so much for your help. I will try that.

OP
C

carolyn bowlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hi Carolyn - welcome to the forum! :) Just a suggestion that next time if you have an unrelated issue to that of the OP, then start your own thread or find one w/ the same issue rather than 'hijacking' an others' thread - sorry but just a courtesy and also important for you to receive the attention needed.

As a beginning, I'm assuming your problem is occurring w/i a web browser (probably Safari) - correct? If so, then first 'force close' the web browser - double tap the 'home button' (or swipe up if multi-fingering gesturing is activated); the task bar will open at the bottom of the screen; find the browser icon by swiping right or left; when found, press and hold the app until all begin to jiggle - then press the minus sign which will CLOSE the app; return to the home screen and try again.

If the above, does not correct your issue, then 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if not familiar w/ the process; please post back your results - good luck!

Sorry Giradman I didn't realize what I had done until it was too late. Guess I'm too darn old to try to figure all this technical stuff out...my grandkids got me this iPad and I think it's getting me into trouble. I'm not too astute or tech savvy when it comes to anything technical, but sorry to have hijacked on on you. So sorry

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Carolyn and welcome to the Forum! * * *

I have given your post it's own thread as you had I'm afraid hijacked the other members thread. All good now, let us know how you go with your problem.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. *There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. *If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. *There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
App Store - Discussion Forum for iPad Users
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
Apple - Support - Manuals
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
C

carolyn bowlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

I have given your post it's own thread as you had I'm afraid hijacked the other members thread. All good now, let us know how you go with your problem.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. *There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. *If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. *There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

I apologize for my ignorance...I didnt realize I was hijacking (shows you how astute I am with all this new tech stuff). I just jumped on like I owned the place not realizing what I had done until after I pushed the send button. I'm learning...sometimes I think this is not for senior citizens as we are over the hill in learning all this computer age technology. I'm sorry

OP
C

carolyn bowlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

I'm so sorry for my stupidity I would not have intentionally hijacked anyone. I just found this site,jumped on it like a crazy woman and asked for help.
I'm learning slowly....takes longer for we senior citizens. Again, sorry to inconvenience anyone. That was certainly not my intentions.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
carolyn bowlin said:
I apologize for my ignorance...I didnt realize I was hijacking (shows you how astute I am with all this new tech stuff). I just jumped on like I owned the place not realizing what I had done until after I pushed the send button. I'm learning...sometimes I think this is not for senior citizens as we are over the hill in learning all this computer age technology. I'm sorry

Not at all, you are most welcome here, we all have to learn sometimes and we are all still learning. We are glad that you are here.

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
carolyn bowlin said:
I'm so sorry for my stupidity I would not have intentionally hijacked anyone. I just found this site,jumped on it like a crazy woman and asked for help.
I'm learning slowly....takes longer for we senior citizens. Again, sorry to inconvenience anyone. That was certainly not my intentions.

All fine Carolyn we understand the big leap this is for many members...
We have a poll on the different age brackets we have within the Forum and I'm pleased to say that the older set are leading the way, so rest assured that you are with good company here. Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts