What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro stuck while scrolling. How to fix this?

Kevin_Barnes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this iPad pro I got it in 2017. It works perfectly fine but later it started to stuck when I scrolling down or up. then it will be stuck for like a few seconds and working again. what is the reason that this is happening? Only the touch problem and there is nothing else wrong with it. I couldn't think of a reason. Can someone help me?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this happen in one app only? If so, force close the app, then see if that helped. To force close, double tap the Home button to switch to the App Switcher, then tap the thumbnail of the app that misbehaves and slide it to the top of the screen.

If you experience this problem in more than one app, restart your iPad. Turn it off and on again.
Force starting might help as well: press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it’s visible, let go of both buttons. The iPad will power up on it‘s own.

Resetting all settings might help, if everything else mentioned above won‘t solve the issue. Open Settings (the app), go to General - Reset - Reset all Settings. This will set back everything to default. You‘ll have to set up your networks, ... again afterwards.

Your last option would be to erase the iPad and set it up as new.

Hope that helps.

OP
K

Kevin_Barnes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this happen in one app only? If so, force close the app, then see if that helped. To force close, double tap the Home button to switch to the App Switcher, then tap the thumbnail of the app that misbehaves and slide it to the top of the screen.

If you experience this problem in more than one app, restart your iPad. Turn it off and on again.
Force starting might help as well: press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it’s visible, let go of both buttons. The iPad will power up on it‘s own.

Resetting all settings might help, if everything else mentioned above won‘t solve the issue. Open Settings (the app), go to General - Reset - Reset all Settings. This will set back everything to default. You‘ll have to set up your networks, ... again afterwards.

Your last option would be to erase the iPad and set it up as new.

Hope that helps.

it's happening with all the apps. I tried to restart it several times. Sometimes it is stuck for more than a few seconds so the only option is a restart. So I'm gonna try the other 2 methods. Thanks for the explanation.

Most reactions