What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro size with 2 iPad Air 2 pics. Reference pics, battery life and impressions.

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is few pics I took today with my Pro and two of my Air 2's. I tried to get the pic exactly to scale in each tablet.

iPad Pro recap so far:
Battery life test of my Pro has exceeded the 10 hour mark and looks to be a honest 12 hours of internet use. Speakers are class leading and blows away any tablet and most all laptops I have heard. Speed is blistering fast with screen spitting apps. Its not that my Air 2 running ios 9.2 is slow but compared to the Pro its noticeably slower.

Battery testing:

iPad Pro:
A loss of 11% per 90 minutes of Netflix play. Loss of .1222% per minute of use. 7.333% a hour. Total of 12.2 hours of Netflix play. This is with screen and volume set at 50%. Location services are on.

This mirrors my iPad 3 battery life and what I have tested is the gold standard of battery life for a tablet.
This is very impressive considering it's driving 4 speakers sounds louder than all the other tablets and it's brightness is brighter than all the other tablets set at 50% brightness. In the real world, I would set it to 40ish % and volume lower and get considerably better battery life.

To put this into perspective here are a few other tablets and how they performed in the similar test.

Samsung Tab S 10": loss of 23% per 90 minutes giving it a 6.52 hour Netflix play time.
Lenovo Tab 2 A10: loss of 17% per 90 minutes giving it a 8.82 hour Netflix play time.
IPad 3: loss of 11% per 90 minutes giving it a 12.2 hour of Netflix play time.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! Have you had a situation where the iPad Pro is too big or uncomfortable to hold?

OP
Mystro

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, not at all. It's lighter than its size would have you believe. Very well balanced and I have used it for hours on end without thinking it's getting heavy. In the context of a tablet, it is very light but if you're used to a phone it certainly will feel heavier than that.
Battery life is outstanding and I would never compromise that for a fraction bit thinner or lighter. It's perfect as is.

Thanks for the review! Have you had a situation where the iPad Pro is too big or uncomfortable to hold?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How sharp do the edges feel in your hand? I have that issue with the iPad Air 2... its so thin that its a bit uncomfortable in my hands after a bit of time.

OP
Mystro

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned this. I like to use my Air 2 in a Khomo case that gives it a bit more thickness. I find the ultra thin tablets too hard to hold without a case. Same goes with my Samsung Tab s I use to own. The Pro is easier for me to hold because it's a tad thicker than the Air 2. I currently have it in Moda case that isn't a smart case so the case will be going back to Bestbuy next time I am go there. I have a white Apple Smart Cover coming until I find a suitable cover/case. I hold the Pro different like a steering wheel 9 and 3 o'clock. This way all 4 speakers are not covered up. I don't find any discomfort.

How sharp do the edges feel in your hand? I have that issue with the iPad Air 2... its so thin that its a bit uncomfortable in my hands after a bit of time.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned this. I like to use my Air 2 in a Khomo case that gives it a bit more thickness. I find the ultra thin tablets too hard to hold without a case. Same goes with my Samsung Tab s I use to own. The Pro is easier for me to hold because it's a tad thicker than the Air 2. I currently have it in Moda case that isn't a smart case so the case will be going back to Bestbuy next time I am go there. I have a white Apple Smart Cover coming until I find a suitable cover/case. I hold the Pro different like a steering wheel 9 and 3 o'clock. This way all 4 speakers are not covered up. I don't find any discomfort.

Awesome, very good to know. Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts