What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad playing up or is it safari?

OP
R

rosamond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
My first guess would be if this has something to do with pages using https:// instead of http:// but that shouldn't affect images.

Its strange that this should have just happened isn't it?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is pretty weird, I'm running out of ideas. I'm not that proficient in web diagnosis.
Just for giggles, have you tried using 3G? (if you've got it)
Or maybe trying from a friends wifi? (even though your iPhone works, the iPad can be finicky sometimes)

Jimmyfre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same issue since today. My Ipad app doesn't allow me to log in. And on some sites such as facebook, I get the Server Identity error and no images. When I look in in the debug console it shows like 26 errors, all connected with Javascript... Any ideas?

Sasha5113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The easiest first way to try to solve ‘unexplained’ or ‘unusual’ problems with the iPad are:-

Force the offending app to close. If you have iOS 4.2 or 4.3 double-press the ‘Home’ button to bring up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. Press *and hold* any icon until they start to ‘jiggle’. Then tap the top left-hand corner of the app that you want to close. It will ‘disappear’ from the list. Don’t panic - you’ve not deleted it, just closed it. Now tap the Home screen and the multi-task bar will disappear. Re-open the iPad’s app and see if the problem has resolved itself. If not, it’s on to possible solution number two!!
Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’. Most Forum members have found that one of the two methods I’ve mentioned here cure a whole bunch of unexplained problems and are an easy first step to resolving most anything that happens on the iPad.

Tim
Scotland

May I copy this backwards and glue it to my forehead so I can read it in the mirror? Super basic. Thanks.

Sasha5113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I meant to post that yesterday, while cleaning up my neighbor's MBP, I got the same "server identity" request on Firefox, accessing Google.

Jimmyfre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but that was the first thing I did when I started to get these errors. And It didn't work...

Jimmyfre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got off the phone with Apple support. Apparently the date settings were incorrect. My Ipad was working in the past, year was 2010. So I just adjusted the date to the correct one. And everything is back to normal.

OP
R

rosamond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got off the phone with Apple support. Apparently the date settings were incorrect. My Ipad was working in the past, year was 2010. So I just adjusted the date to the correct one. And everything is back to normal.

Jimmy....i could just gove you a big hug :)) it has solved the problem....your a real gem!!! Thank you so much x

OP
R

rosamond

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Jimmy....i could just gove you a big hug :)) it has solved the problem....your a real gem!!! Thank you so much x

I just came back from a month in turkey and changed the date on my ipad,obviously now i know i made a mistake and set the year as 2012 :rolleyes:

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, amazing thread! Who would have thought that the date would mess things up with such strange symptoms. This is one to remember. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts