What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad pages highlight multiple text

martinsharpe2k6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am doing a Spanish course and am writing up my notes in pages on my iPad and I want Spanish to be in one font
colour and English another, is it possible for me to write it all out and then select all the Spanish words together to change the colour? Ie select one word then select another? I won't be able to select a word and drag because they will be underneath each other and doing that would select the English words as well. Any help would be appreciated.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If all else fails you could try this:

Select the first paragraph in Spanish and change the font color, the select it again. This time choose "style" from the pop-up. Copy the style, then go to each paragraph in Spanish, select the paragraph by triple-tapping, select "style" and choose "paste style".

This could be time-consuming if you are changing a vocabulary list of individual words, but works well if you have a passage in English, followed by a translation.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. There is no way to have multiple selections. One continuos selection at a time is it.

Kevin's suggestion of using styles should work best. Besides the triple tap for selecting entire paragraphs you can use these two tricks. A double tap selects the word (without needing to tap and hold for the menu. If you hold on the second tap you can start dragging to include more words. So, to quickly get a sentence double tap and hold on the first word then drag to the end of the sentence.

One thing I've noticed. If you select and copy a style for a word, it only changes words (or multiple words). It won't paste to a selected paragraph. If you select and copy a paragraphs style it affects the entire paragraph, even if you only select a word for the style paste. Something to keep in mind. I t might create the need to make two passes through the text in order to be efficient.

Best I can do for you.

Most reactions