What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad OS

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm really surprised not to see any thread on IOS13/iPad OS. There are so many things that will make my 201812.9 Pro experience so much better that I just kept hurrahing as it was spelled out (but so fast hard to keep up with). And then as people got hands on and tried different things my smile got broader and broader. Ability to use external drives has been on my list for a long time-I have photo files going back to 1998 on drives and it's the primary reason I use my MacBook Pro now. Files app being improved was high on list too--and two windows side by side of same app. I live in split screen, often with slide over.

I have had iPads since week one of iPad one-when I was a long time Windows user with a custom built PC. I gradually moved to Apple and several years ago went all Apple-primarily because of the system and continuity. This is sort of like the culmination of the possibilities I thought I saw way back when-and there is lots to go system wise and iPad wise.

So-bound to be others happy with this year's WWDC, especially for the iPad Pros.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure many users will reach their goal of leaving their laptops home, since their iPads will finally have become functionally equivalent. I look forward to trying it on my Pro 9.7, though you 12.9 owners will likely see more benefit. Even Mini users will get useful features that don't involve screen real estate.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How different will it be? First time owner/ foaming junkie here... I’ve just gotten really good at navigating the thing. What will I need to relearn? L
A little bit of information:
iPadOS Preview
You might find the part about the new tools for the Apple Pencil quite interesting, I guess.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, is it safe to download the public BETA? watched a few videos on YouTube showing iPad OS13 in action.....Would love to play with it. Should I just be patient?
The Public beta version will be released in July, it’s not available yet.

Developers are allowed to test it, and it seems to be quite reliable.
When the Public beta version is released, most of the bugs that might appear right now will be removed, so it’s quite safe to use it. So if you want to get the Public beta version, you’ll have to be patient.

Otherwise, sign up as developer (fee required) and start using Developer beta:
Apple Developer Program - Apple Developer

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Yeah.....Figured as much in follow up research. I had just stumbled across an article on how to do it, and saved it for reference......Always wondered how those YouTube presenters got access to things of this sort. Just curious, as some of those guys seem to not be that brilliant as it were. Interesting nonetheless. Thanks... L

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve just finished installing iPad OS 13 on my iPad Pro and the first thing I noticed is that the app icons on the home screens have shrunk. There’s now room for another row and a half. Instead of four rows of five there are now five rows of six.
0E9BB66A-4173-44FE-B902-06AA0A567CD2.jpg

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should also be able to slide in the Widgets in from the left, and leave them as a part of your Home Screen. The app icons scrunch over.

I a bit jealous, but since my iPad is my main computer; I’ll wait for the public release before upgrading.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should also be able to slide in the Widgets in from the left, and leave them as a part of your Home Screen. The app icons scrunch over.

I a bit jealous, but since my iPad is my main computer; I’ll wait for the public release before upgrading.
Yes, I’ve already tried that and seen how it works. The app update button has been removed from its former place. Now you tap your iCloud ID icon at the top of the page and the updates are handled from the screen that appears. Here’s the screenshot.
2CD80B1E-1442-4DF7-BC64-9EC7E7AF247D.jpg

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm really surprised not to see any thread on IOS13/iPad OS. There are so many things that will make my 201812.9 Pro experience so much better .........

I have had iPads since week one of iPad one-when I was a long time Windows user with a custom built PC. I gradually moved to Apple and several years ago went all Apple-primarily because of the system and continuity. This is sort of like the culmination of the possibilities I thought I saw way back when-and there is lots to go system wise and iPad wise.

So-bound to be others happy with this year's WWDC, especially for the iPad Pros.

I am much like you Diane. I migrated from windows to iOS. I purchased an iMac 2 years ago. Absolutely love it. Found a reasonable deal for a smart phone (When the phone has been paid for the monthly payments reduced to monthly "airtime" rental only. That is a good deal, not a rip off) and bought an iPhone 8 I still have my 1pad 3 (Ive kept the iPad 1 as a reminder of my first Apple purchase :) )

IO love the integration of everything. I am now looking at a new iPad with keyboard to sue as a tablet and laptop.

Most reactions

Latest posts