What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Note-taking

JonathanTM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forum users,

I'm currently an Engineering student and I've been wanting a digital alternative to taking notes by hand. I'm a huge Apple supporter, so ideally, I'd like to do so with an Ipad. I have very specific needs, so I thought I'd ask some current Ipad users.

I need a single app that can do the following:

• read .pdf/.doc/etc
  • edit(both drawing and text) .pdf/.doc/etc (or add stickys with both text and drawing)
  • create .pdf(or .doc) files with both text and drawing
  • insert graphs/tables/etc
  • audio recording
  • maybe some sort of smoothening feature for the drawing aspects

Also, how does the Ipad work with a stylus?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I too have under taken a similar search. But I have yet to find a combination of all of this. For typed notes and multimedia, I use Notability. For handwriting, I love Noteshelf. Both of these also have great organizational aspects to them. Noteshelf also works great with a stylus. For PDF's (and awesome file management) you've got to get Good Reader. Hope this helps!

Justin Brock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Notability

Notability should cover your text and audio needs. It also all for uploading of pictures and web images plus you can create your own charts with free had drawings. Hope this help.

Most reactions

Latest posts