What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correcting typos

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a little thing that drives me crazy. If there is a typo at the beginning of word, I usually have to erase the whole word to fix it. In MS, the delete key removes the nex upcoming letter. On the iPad keyboard, the delete key goes backwards.

e.g. The cow Eats straw.

If I want to replace the capital E with a small e, I have to try to get my finger in front of the E, and this usually fails, or delete the whole word.

Please help me if I have missed a very simple concept in correcting a typo. I feel like an idiot asking this basic question.

Thanks.

Lewispaul88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its totally depends upon you that you need typo otr not. If it is on the whole word will be deleted otherwise if it is off then you can delete single character simply.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Auto-Correction (typo thing) and Check Spelling are two of the options under Settings > General > Keyboard.

In general I leave Spell Check on and Auto-Correct off. I prefer to go back and fix words manually than fight with the auto-correct. That's on the iPad. On the iPhone I have both on, because it's harder to go back and edit. And I type fewer and simpler sentences on the iPhone, so Auto-Correct has a better chance of being right.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts