What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Not Functioning Properly ??

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( I'm 2nd Party to the Problem as the Offending iPad is the Wife's.. The Why For of it has us Baffled, she is limited to what she can do... Near as I can glean from what I'm told.. In her Settings in the phrase she uses things are Frozen.. Scrolling down the section between iCloud to Safari no access / response.. Between Twitter (Facebook) Vimeo no access / response .. She can click on Pinterest have a look see , No Pinning..lol.. ie: Through an App to a site she follows for daily devotions which have the follow us on FB icon , that will bring up the Desktop version of Facebook then she can Sign In kinda like the Back Door way of doing things.. Any ideas what could be wrong ?? Would it be an easy fix we could do ?? Help Appreciated Thanks..o_O:rolleyes:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
:( I'm 2nd Party to the Problem as the Offending iPad is the Wife's.. The Why For of it has us Baffled, she is limited to what she can do... Near as I can glean from what I'm told.. In her Settings in the phrase she uses things are Frozen.. Scrolling down the section between iCloud to Safari no access / response.. Between Twitter (Facebook) Vimeo no access / response .. She can click on Pinterest have a look see , No Pinning..lol.. ie: Through an App to a site she follows for daily devotions which have the follow us on FB icon , that will bring up the Desktop version of Facebook then she can Sign In kinda like the Back Door way of doing things.. Any ideas what could be wrong ?? Would it be an easy fix we could do ?? Help Appreciated Thanks..o_O:rolleyes:

Hello and and sorry about the problem! :) Just for starters, please provide the iPad's model and the iOS running (which will impact on the suggestions made). For starters, I would first recommend the steps quoted below - since your wife is seemingly having multiple issues, you might want to just go to the bottom, i.e. 'Reset' the device - let us know if this maneuver helps. Dave

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up):
a. iOS 6.x - press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.
b. iOS 7.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and and sorry about the problem! :) Just for starters, please provide the iPad's model and the iOS running (which will impact on the suggestions made). For starters, I would first recommend the steps quoted below - since your wife is seemingly having multiple issues, you might want to just go to the bottom, i.e. 'Reset' the device - let us know if this maneuver helps. Dave

:oops: General Settings scroll to Reset ?? Which particular Reset should we Click On... Sorry I've been known to suffer from the Fat Finger Syndrome..lol.. It's an ipad2 purchased 4/5 yrs ago..o_O

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:oops: General Settings scroll to Reset ?? Which particular Reset should we Click On... Sorry I've been known to suffer from the Fat Finger Syndrome..lol.. It's an ipad2 purchased 4/5 yrs ago..o_O
Not the reset in Settings. The procedure is explained in giradman's post below, number 3 (when you tap the green rectangle under his post, you'll see it): press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And if giradman's suggestions don't help, you can also try to reset all settings in Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. You'll need to go through your settings afterwards and select what you prefer once more, because these will be set to default.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And if giradman's suggestions don't help, you can also try to reset all settings in Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. You'll need to go through your settings afterwards and select what you prefer once more, because these will be set to default.

:p:oops: @ J.A. Thank You , After my Seniors Moment I Clicked on the Expand... Wife was busy on her iPad while I was Searching for Avenues she could try.. She'd gone the General - Reset all Settings route, then went over her Preferred as you mentioned... ;) Got my Fingers & Toes Crossed as her iPad has been Restored :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
;) All is Good Thanks.. Haven't heard any Grumbling...:eek:

Hi NorPlan - glad that all has returned to normal; however, next time a similar problem occurs, try the 'Reset' first (i.e. the two-button press as in my quote) - this does no harm. Going into 'Settings -> ... -> Reset offers a number of options one of which could erase content - I would suggest that the two of you look at this Reset Settings explanation to better understand the options - a couple of false presses might lead to misery - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts