What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad music repeat setting

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
1. Go to the Now Playing screen.
2. Tap the album cover.
3. Tap the crossing arrows to enable or disable Shuffle. You can tell if Shuffule is enabled if the arrows are blue.

Tap
iPad-Repeat-icon.png
to enable or disable the Repeat functionality. Like the Shuffle feature, it’s blue in color when enabled. You can toggle the setting to show a 1 next to the icon. The 1 means that it will repeat the same song. If you toggle it and there is no 1 next to it, the iPad will repeat the current list you’re playing.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you look at the iPad User Manual, you'll see that - in the iPod section - they discuss the use of the repeat control in the 'Now Playing' section. It's the control that looks a bit like a 'racetrack' and can be set to repeat the selection indefinitely, or just once, or shuffle etc. You touch the 'Repeat' icon and it changes from one selection to the next. It's difficult to describe exactly what the icon looks like, so I suggest you have a look at the iPod section of the manual. If you don't have a copy you can reach it via your Safari bookmarks - it's been put there already.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2. Tap the album cover.
3. Tap the crossing arrows to enable or disable Shuffle. You can tell if Shuffule is enabled if the arrows are blue.

Tap
iPad-Repeat-icon.png
to enable or disable the Repeat functionality. Like the Shuffle feature, it’s blue in color when enabled. You can toggle the setting to show a 1 next to the icon. The 1 means that it will repeat the same song. If you toggle it and there is no 1 next to it, the iPad will repeat the current list you’re playing.

Thanks - you beat me to it and you were able to paste a copy of that control - much appreciated!!

Tim
Scotland

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
2. Tap the album cover.

Tap
iPad-Repeat-icon.png

Thanks - you beat me to it and you were able to paste a copy of that control - much appreciated!!

Tim
Scotland

Just doin' my part....

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you. For some reason the repeat symbol was not on the iPad, but after an update today it came back. Or perhaps I went blind for a few days. I am so happy to have my control back. Thank you so much for your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts