What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini So Popular it Could Become the Main iPad

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like screens of all sizes -- candy bar phone, 5" phablet, 7" and full size, along with netbooks, laptops and PCs. I just use what works best for whatever I want to do. There's no "best" size for all uses, so I don't bother to rate them. I just enjoy them all, lol.

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I like screens of all sizes -- candy bar phone, 5" phablet, 7" and full size, along with netbooks, laptops and PCs. I just use what works best for whatever I want to do. There's no "best" size for all uses, so I don't bother to rate them. I just enjoy them all, lol.

And as you said, there are many uses. My preference for the iPad 4 didn't stop my inner geek from ordering the mini:)

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago , one of my friends told me he was getting the iPad 4 for his daughter for Christmas . When I asked him why he wasn't getting the mini instead , he replied :" Oh , she wouldn't want THAT !"
I'm ready to bet she will exchange it as soon as she gets it for the mini ;-))))

NancyECates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.priceme.com.ph
I'm surprised at that if its true. Am I the only one that values screen real estate? I must be missing the benefit of the additional portability and lighter weight. I'm pretty happy with my iPad 2 as far as lightness and portability are concerned. Just like cell phones, I just don't get. Must be me :)

i like but i have a mini ipod and i really like it.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, the iPad mini will be called the iPad and the current full size unit can be called the iPad biggie. :D

Guitar4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting, isn't it, that Steve Jobs was strongly opposed to a smaller tablet. He was convinced that it would never sell. Despite his being right on so many things, he was obviously wrong on this one.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suspect this is because a lot of people just bought the third-gen iPad and aren't ready to upgrade yet, rather than a lot of iPad owners migrating to the Mini (though I'm sure some have).

I suspect you are correct, and the newness factor will wear off soon. One quarter of sales for a new form factor outselling the 4th generation of the original is not a trend...

I find it unusable. It works well for kids and women with small hands, but its just not a viable tablet for my use.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting, isn't it, that Steve Jobs was strongly opposed to a smaller tablet. He was convinced that it would never sell. Despite his being right on so many things, he was obviously wrong on this one.

He was wrong on a lot of things...and many times reversed himself once he figured it out. It's not important that one be right all the time...what's important is that one is right when it counts.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suspect you are correct, and the newness factor will wear off soon. One quarter of sales for a new form factor outselling the 4th generation of the original is not a trend...

I find it unusable. It works well for kids and women with small hands, but its just not a viable tablet for my use.

Why do you find the mini unusable? I can do anything with it I can do with the larger one and it weighs less. Those with poor eyesight I can see having trouble, but my eyesight is only poor at a distance.

idbvideo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snip ...

I have big hands and dont find it unusable at all!!! I also dont consider my eyesight to be that good and have no problem with the display. Its horses for courses as usual. I didnt want a full size Ipad, all I initially wanted was a device to read with but the mini gets used for much more than that.

I suspect its popular because:

a) its an Apple device
b) its new
c) its a sensible size etc.,

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have big hands and dont find it unusable at all!!! I also dont consider my eyesight to be that good and have no problem with the display. Its horses for courses as usual. I didnt want a full size Ipad, all I initially wanted was a device to read with but the mini gets used for much more than that.

I suspect its popular because:

a) its an Apple device
b) its new
c) its a sensible size etc.,

I have yet to meet a woman with hands as large as mine....:) But I do have skinny fingers. If you have fatter fingers than fine detail might be a problem. There are a lot of different body types on the planet, so I suspect this could be an issue for some.

Different strokes for different folks....it's all good. Get what you like. At this point, whether I get another full-sized iPad depends on what the next mini is....if the internals are a generator or two behind, it will not be for me. They can make that mistake one time in my book (admitting that technical reasons may have prevented a full up device)....make it twice and they won't get my money.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the size of the iPad Mini, and I will definitely consider buying the next version if it has a retina screen. I think it would definitely compliment my iPad--I could carry the Mini around with me in my handbag when I'm away from home, and keep the iPad at home (which I already do, since I find the iPad cumbersome to take along with me when I'm out and about).

InkyMyCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a first time iPad user. I bought a new iPad 4 64 gig model. I decided to get this over an iPhone 5 as I wanted a bigger screen. Maybe if apple wasn't so expensive people would buy more of them.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
InkyMyCat said:
I am a first time iPad user. I bought a new iPad 4 64 gig model. I decided to get this over an iPhone 5 as I wanted a bigger screen. Maybe if apple wasn't so expensive people would buy more of them.

People are buying them lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts