What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini Sluggish

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My ipad mini is not as responsive as it used to be. I use a stylus and lately I have to tap several times before something happens. My storage is 49GB used and 10GB available. Any ideas or suggestions.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My ipad mini is not as responsive as it used to be. I use a stylus and lately I have to tap several times before something happens. My storage is 49GB used and 10GB available. Any ideas or suggestions.

Hello Lady...... - please tell us which iPad Mini you own (see Wiki chart below - Source) and what iOS version is installed; also, when did you notice this change, e.g. after the last iOS installation? If you have the original iPad Mini, the device will be 6 years old next year, has an old CPU and only a half GB of RAM - the newer operating system versions will not run well.

Also, if not already done 'Reset' the Mini by holding down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take 10 secs or so), release and let the device reboot - nothing will be lost. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 10.34.42 AM.png

D

Deleted member 247820

I use non expensive stili, and the tips becomes less resposive over time, a new stilus fixes it.

Most reactions