What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Could Eventually Outsell the Regular-Sized iPad

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm torn about this. Guess it would depend on what features it had. For $300.00 how much storage would I have? Would I still have a front and rear camera , and if so how good would it be? Would I still have a retina screen like I do on my current iPad and iPhone?

The iPod touch starts at $199, so I can't imagine a smaller iPad being less than $300. I wouldn't be surprised if it was between $300-$350.

So my answer is- maybe??

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
While I think a mini would be highly successful, I'd say the main reason for it would simply be the expected lower price point. If I'm already owning an iPad, I have no clue what compel me to fork out another $300 for a smaller version of the same thing.
I also think that the mini iPad would be successful, but not too high,because mini iPad has its own flaws,like its operation,we may take care the price, Of course, it is cheaper than big iPad,but big iPad can do more work than mini iPad.and totally say,the mini iPad is very good, if it published, I will buy one.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bosvaark said:
The new iPhone with a larger screen would solve this issue, however a larger screen on a device that can slip into a pants pocket will certainly be prone to damage, the amount of times I have knocked my iPhone on desks I'm surprised the screen hasn't cracked, fortunately it always faces away from sharp objects.

However the ladies can easily slip this into their bags, so it will be more popular with them no doubt :)

I like your idea. The major drawback is dealing with phone plan changes.

If Apple ever decides to discontinue the iPod Touch line, maybe there's hope for the fabled iPad mini.

I'd also buy an iPad mini to replace my second generation iPod Touch in a heartbeat.

Allyson

dancer55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sande said:
I would buy one in addition to my iPad. Kids would love it; cheaper than iPad; easily transported. Add Adobe flash to Apple, would even more dominate the market.

Spot on ! Pete

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider it a downgrade, because if I bought one, it would be in addition to the full-size model. I have two iPads, iPhone and touch 4, and I still found use for a Samsung Galaxy Note, a 5" phablet. For me, it's like purses -- nice to have different sizes for different occasions, lol.

This is the way I see it as well. I will always want a full-sized tablet...there is no either or question for me...it is more of both, or not. There are too many professional level things i can do with a full-sized screen that you give up with the 7-8 incher, but then there are those times when small fits the bill. In a lot of ways, you almost want both of them to full-featured two so you can basically duplicate stuff between the two, though I would not want all of the same apps on both. I already find 64GB to be too limiting. I hate making decisions about what to remove from my iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the way I see it as well. I will always want a full-sized tablet...there is no either or question for me...it is more of both, or not. There are too many professional level things i can do with a full-sized screen that you give up with the 7-8 incher, but then there are those times when small fits the bill. In a lot of ways, you almost want both of them to full-featured two so you can basically duplicate stuff between the two, though I would not want all of the same apps on both. I already find 64GB to be too limiting. I hate making decisions about what to remove from my iPad.

For me, that's where SD cards or some other removable storage are appealing -- so I could switch the size of the device while easily moving content among all my devices. There still are too many limitations with all gadgets right now. I want more flexibility, more storage, more compatability. I'm greedy!

ronwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
For me, that's where SD cards or some other removable storage are appealing -- so I could switch the size of the device while easily moving content among all my devices. There still are too many limitations with all gadgets right now. I want more flexibility, more storage, more compatability. I'm greedy!

Not likely at all, maybe the microsoft surface may have those you wished for, sd, usb.... that is also why cloud is the in thing, "moving" things about...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

With my air stash, I can now move files easily from ios devices. Usually, the last thing I want to do I reach for a cable. Even for 2gb files, I use wifi.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not likely at all, maybe the microsoft surface may have those you wished for, sd, usb.... that is also why cloud is the in thing, "moving" things about...

I use the cloud for some things, but there's lots of stuff I don't want on it.

dorrien12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I wouldn't consider it a downgrade, because if I bought one, it would be in addition to the full-size model. I have two iPads, iPhone and touch 4, and I still found use for a Samsung Galaxy Note, a 5" phablet. For me, it's like purses -- nice to have different sizes for different occasions, lol.

I just got the Galaxy Player, 5 inch screen is amazing. I have a iPhone 4s, iPod touch, and my son will be getting the mini iPad when it comes out. And later onto a regular iPad. I carry different purses and I do need different size tech toys to fit my different purses. I also have a a variety of external batteries for my "toys".

dorrien12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dorrien12 said:
I just got the Galaxy Player, 5 inch screen is amazing. I have a iPhone 4s, iPod touch, and my son will be getting the mini iPad when it comes out. And later onto a regular iPad. I carry different purses and I do need different size tech toys to fit my different purses. I also have a a variety of external batteries for my "toys".

In the past I've used my iPhone for reading, watching movies and surfing the net but lately I've been needing something a little larger.

That's where the GP 5 inch screen comes into play for reading and watching movies.

I'm still okay watching Netflix on iPhone though. I just like choices. This for that and such. I so which Apple had iPad Mini 7 inch and iPad player 5 inch and SD cards and all, hey I can dream right?

/QUOTE]

Laurie_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think people who want an Ipad, but don't want to pay the extra dollars for one will jump to get the mini if the price is right.
That is the one thing that made the Kindle Fire so popular when it first came out, the price. All of a sudden people who couldn't afford a decent full fuctioning table could.

Most reactions