What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini connects wap but not wep

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a used ipad mini out of warranty and had been battling getting a wifi connection at home or anywhere except an Apple Store. I ended up adding an dlink n wireless router to my setup and it was configured for wpa2 and now i can connect. is this an antenna hardware issue?

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello hoben02. In addition to outlining your problem in this thread, you also posted, in quick succession, four other posts dealing with the same problem in other threads. Such action is against the forum rules as obviously it fragments or hijacks any discussion with potential for confusion about the subject matter. Three of those four posts that most closely resemble this one are deleted and you are asked to be mindful of the rules.
Thanks for your understanding,
Andrew

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Apple is discontinuing WEP support.

Unless you are forced to support older devices that do not work with WPA2, or an even more robust standard, you should avoid WEP. Not just because Apple doesn't like it, but because the entire industry is phasing out this old, less secure, standard.

Most reactions