What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini case reviews

pcraw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Are there any reviews of ipad mini cases? I'm happy to be linked to an older forum posts. I received my ipad mini 2 as a gift last year and would like some protection for it.

I've always heard that ipad screen gets scratched easily. I suspect its important to get something to protect the screen as well as the case.

I did some basic searches but didn't come up with anything specific.

Best,
Phil

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are there any reviews of ipad mini cases? I'm happy to be linked to an older forum posts. I received my ipad mini 2 as a gift last year and would like some protection for it.

I've always heard that ipad screen gets scratched easily. I suspect its important to get something to protect the screen as well as the case.

Hi Phil - you've already received a link from Johanna about Mini accessories - I'm just curious who told you that the iPad screen scratches easily? The glass on these screens is made by Corning and is called 'Gorilla Glass' (check the link & image below) and is quite scratch resistant - wife and I have had 4 iPads (two each) and she has an iPhone - we've always had 'smart covers' on the iPads but have never had a scratch - her phone has only a back cover and the glass screen looks new (and keep in mind how many people keep phones in their back pockets w/o front protection) - we also have never used lucent screen protectors (just a waste of time & money in my opinion - others will disagree).

Just replaced wife's old Mini w/ a Mini 4 and bought the case below (2nd image) - works like an Apple 'smart cover' but was much less expensive - hope that you find a suitable cover and/or case for your new iDevice - good luck; there are plenty of choices. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 12.04.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 3.08.58 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts