What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad mini 6

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There’s been a lot of news about the iPad Mini 6 refresh issue. I just wonder why it has this when my Mini 5 doesn’t display this issue? I hope they sort it by the time the next one comes out as I’ll be due for an upgrade by then!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As often happens with Apple, there is a great deal more fuss than the issue deserves.

It affects pretty much every LCD tablet with a low refresh rate of 60Hz or less. It is typically more pronounced in one view over the other, due to the direction the video lines refresh. The iPad Mini 6 shows it in portrait view. The current iPad and iPad Mini 5 shows it in landscape view. It is easier to spot in portrait, due to the long vertical view. Someone saw this, posted what they were convinced was a big new flaw in an “APPLE” product. Most of the other news and videos are people telling everyone that, “yes it exists”, and “no, it’s not a new thing”.

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I’ve got an iPad 3, iPad Pro 10.5 and an iPad Mini 5 and never noticed anything like it. I understand that many of the Samsung tablets display the issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts