What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Mini 4 SD card photo problem

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded IOS 11 Beta on my IPAD Mini 4 for testing. One thing I want to do with my IPAD is view my Trail Cam photos while in the field. Using the WamGra Trail Game SD card reader I was unable to upload the photos from my trail cams, Reconyx HC500 & Covert Stalker. Switching out the SD card to one from my Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera I was then able to upload the camera SD card photos. I then reverted my IPAD back to IOS 10.3.2 and was then able to upload SD card photos from ALL 3 devices, Canon camera, Reconyx HC500 and Covert Stalker. I also upgraded the IPAD to IOS 10.3.3 and again was able to upload from the SD cards. This is a weird bug in IOS 11. Reference -Amazon.com: WamGra Trail Game Camera Card Viewer Reader for iPhone iPad, SD Card Camera Reader Adapter for Apple(iOS 9.2 or up to 10.3.2)iPhone 5/5s/6/6s/6 Plus/7/7 Plus/iPad Mini/Air - No NEED App[Upgraded]: Computers & Accessories

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 11 beta 4 was released just a few hours ago for developers only. Do you have a developer account?

Last edited:
OP
T

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 11 beta was released just a few hours ago for developers only. Do you have a developer account?
I believe that anyone who wishes to test IOS 11 Beta can download the SW into their device. My only concern is that this is a nasty bug that I do not want to see when IOS 11 is released in Sept. There is something unique in the way the pics are stored on the trail cam SD cards that is different from the Canon EOS T3i SD card pics. IOS 10.3.2 & 10.3.3 has no problem reading the trail cam SDs or Canon. Also tried it on an iPhone 6 running IOS 10.3.3 and it would read the trail cam SDs. Maybe I don't have the Beta 4 SW and just downloaded the public IOS 11. I have version 11 (15A5318g).

I just verified that I do NOT have the Beta 4 version of IOS 11.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That’s the public beta version of iOS 11, which means you are an official beta tester, and the Feedback app should be installed on your device.
IMG_4679.JPG

That’s what you use when you report a problem. If you have sent feedback before, using the app, it’s visible there as well, in "Submitted". If you didn’t, select “New Feedback", describe your problem exactly, and let them know about it. It’s possible (but not very likely) that Apple will contact you afterwards,

OP
T

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That’s the public beta version of iOS 11, which means you are an official beta tester, and the Feedback app should be installed on your device.
View attachment 78799
That’s what you use when you report a problem. If you have sent feedback before, using the app, it’s visible there as well, in "Submitted". If you didn’t, select “New Feedback", describe your problem exactly, and let them know about it. It’s possible (but not very likely) that Apple will contact you afterwards,

That is exactly what I did after you alerted me about the FEEDBACK App which I did not see. Thanks for your help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just uploaded IOS 11 Beta 4 and the trail cam bug seems to be fixed. I will continue testing BUT I am now able to upload Covert trail cam photos from the trail acm SD. Thanks Apple.
Great!

I’m confused. Is it beta 3 or 4? Public beta would be version 3, Developer beta is version 4.

OP
T

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sorry BUT I thought that it was Beta 4 as the version I loaded today has the newer Icons as shown in this data. What's New in iOS 11 Beta 4: Lock Screen and Notification Center Changes, New App Icons and More
I do know that the bug is fixed in this version which is listed as 11.0 (15A5327g) under General & About. I am just glad that I can now use my Ipad to view my Trail Cam photos. Thanks
The changes that came with Developer beta 4, also came with Public beta 3, a day later. We’re a number behind, but the features are the same.

I’m glad your problem has been solved with this update. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts