What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Making a Killing in the Netbook Market

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
netbook-5610.jpg

ZDNet reports today that the iPad is making sizeable forays into the netbook market. They quote the figures presented in a chart published by Morgan Stanley’s Katy Huberty which indicate that sales of cheap, low-powered netbooks reached a peak last summer, only to see growth fall off dramatically in January, following the end of the holiday shopping period and the start of the launch period of new products at the Consumer Electronics Show. The report details how netbook growth dropped again in April.

According to a similar story on CNNMoney.com’s Apple 2.0 blog, Huberty also quotes a Morgan Stanley/Alphawise survey held in March, that reported that 44% of U.S consumers who had planned to buy a netbook or notebook computer were now planning to buy an iPad instead. The Morgan Stanley/Alphawise survey also predicted that the iPod touch is the next device to be “cannibalized†by the iPad, but as ZDNet points out, it’s not so likely that the iPad will totally devour the iPod touch, as there are some things that the iPad is just not as convenient for, such as listening to music on your commute on crowded public transport, for example.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: ZDNet

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the iPad finds its place in this home, my little EEEPC will not see much use. It's been a good little soldier...
It just might take up the role of recipe book in the kitchen though, we'd be less afraid of the consequences from an accidental liquid spill...

rle737ng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, if it would just use Flash, it would be perfect. I have a work related website related to training that uses Flash. My employer will NEVER spend the money to convert the site. Bummer.

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
Yep, if it would just use Flash, it would be perfect. I have a work related website related to training that uses Flash. My employer will NEVER spend the money to convert the site. Bummer.

sucks I know, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Flash to come to the iPad, at least it doesn't look like that will happen

emilyjane918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While the iPad might win out on some particular functions--video playback quality, in particular, the truth is there are a great many things Netbooks can do that an iPad just can't. Right now, at least. And while that may not make a Netbook better than a laptop, in some instances a Netbook certainly seems better than an iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts