What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mail not receiveing any new messages, only loads old ones

erock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In my mail app I have multiple yahoo accounts. Last week, one of the accounts stopped syncing properly. I have deleted and re entered it multiple times, and to no avail, it continues to not load new emails. I can send email from the account, but it refuses to load new messages. It loads in no apparent order emails from a month ago, and if I choose to "load more messages" it will load some more, but still in no apparent order, and nothing later than last week. The other yahoo accounts work perfectly. I have done a hard reset on the iPad as well as upgraded to os5, and still this one account stays botched. I have changed my password, moved emails to other folders and nothing is working here. I have no problems receiving it on my blackberry or my other laptops, just this iPad. Can anyone tell me wtf is going on here?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are both the accounts set up using POP or IMAP? Remember that POP uploads emails to your iPad but IMAP acts as a virtual window onto your email server. So do you have the same setting for both accounts?

Tim

OP
E

erock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I simply chose yahoo from the list while setting up the account. 4 of 5 accounts work fine, all yahoo, all the same settings. This one having trouble used to work fine and last week starting acting funny. It is actually getting worse and not loading any mail.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems unlikely, since your other Yahoo accounts work OK, that this can be an iPad issue. It might be worth contacting Customer Support at Yahoo and asking them if there's a problem with some accounts. Other Members have been reporting similar problems recently.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts