What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad keeps going to black screen with apple logo

DigitalMeowMix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 2 with 8.03 IOS keeps randomly going to the black screen with the apple logo, sometimes after i download something, sometime when i open a app, sometimes for no reason i can see. The progress bar moves and sometimes loads several times, then it goes back to whatever I was doing before.It happens every couple of minutes. everything else seems normal. I restored from a back up and synced day ago.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's probably running into it's RAM limitations, and having to delete and reconfigure RAM before continuing. That's a guess, not real knowldege of what's going on.

Unless you need to keep it jailbrakable, go ahead and update to the newest version, iOS 8.3. There have been several bug squashes, memory management, and speed improvements since iOS 8.03.

This doesn't stop the issue (or at least reduce the frequency) there might be other things worth trying.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The next thing to try would be a clean restore to factory. Use it for a while that way, and see if the problem is gone. Restore from a backup. If the problem comes back, then it's in the backup. If it doesn't, nice. If it's in the backup you'll have to do the restore again, and start adding back your content manually.

You'll want to make sure you have copies of all your photos and documents before trying this.

If the problem is there even with a clean restore, then there isn't much you can do short of entering DFU mode and fording a complete reload of the OS. There's some instructions around here somewhere, if it comes to that.

DFU and reinstalling the OS is the biggest hammer I know of. If that does not fix it your only choice (if you still want an iPad) is to cave in and buy a newer one.

Most reactions

Latest posts