What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad keeps forgetting home network password

twinjax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to lock my home network password in so that it will automatically connect to this network?

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to lock my home network password in so that it will automatically connect to this network?

This sounds like some of the problems others have had with the WiFi. Do you have your home network saved in settings. If not you should save it. Whenever you connect to a different network (coffee shop, panera, starbucks) you can go into settings and save that connection. That should help. If this does not work you may need to take your ipad to apple and have a genius help you.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am wondering if you a dropping the connection because of the encryption or because of another issue. My advice to see what the problem is would be to temporarily disable the encryption on your router and see if you get dropped connections.

Umdterps2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.vikrampant.com
Also, if you want a second way to secure your wifi is to use mac filtering ... It's a bit more technical than using keys and passwords, but I use it and it works fine ... Of course many balk when they realize each guest or new device needs it mac address to be entered on the router.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should always automatically log in to known networks.

I get to work and it's online, I get home it's online....if there is nothing around and I turn on tether on my droid it's online.

Dallasfoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that this is real annoying and amateurish...mine asks for password every half hour. Come on apple...is is like the nineties.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience is the same as gentlefury's. I have used my iPad on multiple networks and have only had to enter my info the first time I used the network (just like my iPhone). If I had to re-enter my password every 30 minutes, I would get a replacement from Apple.

Most reactions