What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad just arrived!

zephyrtron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
After two days of wrangling with the Home Delivery Nightmare... sorry Network, I've finally received my gorgeous white 16gb WiFi iPad 2. Personally I'd have been happy with black, but as the wife-to-be was enamoured of the cream leather smart cover, she decided I could have one only as long as it matched. So white it is. I had no complaints!

I've already got and loved using an iPhone 3G for a year or so, and had an iPod Mini before that. So, I know iTunes, and I know that it works best when you nod and enthusiastically say 'Yes' to its particular way of doing things.

So, with my exciting new step into becoming an Apple style slave still tantalisingly in its box, I wanted to do everything right from the very beginning. Think of this as a chance to tell me everything you wished you'd done at the beginning of your iPad love affair, to save pain and heartache later.

Any setting advice that will make best use of this awesome device? I intend to use it mainly for light web browsing, social media (perhaps the new Tweetdeck?) and video or entertainment apps like iPlayer. I'm a fan of point'n'click adventures (can I put my iPhone Monkey Island on it?) and Civilisation style build/conquer games. The WTB loves wordgames.

I'll keep the quick-solve apps like What's On TV and Nearest Postbox to the iPhone, but really fancy Garage Band and - let's face it - more of the apps that make the iPad an expensive and fantastic adult toy!

I'll use iBook of course, too, but don't know much about the other reading apps there might be for mags and papers, etc.

Finally, the only part I dread (I can't see myself missing Flash enough to make it a problem in Safari) is the basic email software. Is it different from the one on my 3G phone? Because Googlemail really suffers, and just having a bigger view won't solve the reasons I don't like it. For example - not being able to delete emails, only archive.

Well, with four hours of the working day still remaining, my new favourite techslab will sit untouched until I get home tonight and tear off the package. Any iPad virgin advice you can give would be gratefully, happily and warmly received.

Thanks everyone, have a great day.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome To The Forum

Hi everyone!
After two days of wrangling with the Home Delivery Nightmare... sorry Network, I've finally received my gorgeous white 16gb WiFi iPad 2. Personally I'd have been happy with black, but as the wife-to-be was enamoured of the cream leather smart cover, she decided I could have one only as long as it matched. So white it is. I had no complaints!

I've already got and loved using an iPhone 3G for a year or so, and had an iPod Mini before that. So, I know iTunes, and I know that it works best when you nod and enthusiastically say 'Yes' to its particular way of doing things.

So, with my exciting new step into becoming an Apple style slave still tantalisingly in its box, I wanted to do everything right from the very beginning. Think of this as a chance to tell me everything you wished you'd done at the beginning of your iPad love affair, to save pain and heartache later.

Any setting advice that will make best use of this awesome device? I intend to use it mainly for light web browsing, social media (perhaps the new Tweetdeck?) and video or entertainment apps like iPlayer. I'm a fan of point'n'click adventures (can I put my iPhone Monkey Island on it?) and Civilisation style build/conquer games. The WTB loves wordgames.

I'll keep the quick-solve apps like What's On TV and Nearest Postbox to the iPhone, but really fancy Garage Band and - let's face it - more of the apps that make the iPad an expensive and fantastic adult toy!

I'll use iBook of course, too, but don't know much about the other reading apps there might be for mags and papers, etc.

Finally, the only part I dread (I can't see myself missing Flash enough to make it a problem in Safari) is the basic email software. Is it different from the one on my 3G phone? Because Googlemail really suffers, and just having a bigger view won't solve the reasons I don't like it. For example - not being able to delete emails, only archive.

Well, with four hours of the working day still remaining, my new favourite techslab will sit untouched until I get home tonight and tear off the package. Any iPad virgin advice you can give would be gratefully, happily and warmly received.

Thanks everyone, have a great day.

I see you mention GarageBand? It's okay if you just want to mess about and use the virtual instruments, but if you want to plug in your own gear, record etc. I suggest Amplitube (no pun intended here) It Rock's!:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are going to have a truly exciting time!! Get ready for some sleepless nights - when, if you're like me, you simply can't put your iPad down. Welcome to the Forum - you'll find plenty here to keep you interested - Members from all over the World sharing their experience and always ready to help with any queries you might have.

So - Welcome from Scotland!!

We hope to hear of your experiences soon and, if you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to post them

Best Wishes

Tim

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats buddy..welcome to the club :)

Just wanted to know if there is any screen bleed?

OP
Z

zephyrtron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats buddy..welcome to the club :)

Just wanted to know if there is any screen bleed?

I've heard about the screen bleed, but I'm guessing that since I can't see anything wrong with the iPad that would fit that description the answer is no! Hooray!

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No no...just see a black image in a dark room...is there bleeding on the edges?

Most reactions

Latest posts