What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Gaming

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How will games differ on the iSlate vs the iPhone? I'm expecting the iSlate to have better hardware and a better resolution then the iPhone. How will this effect games? What games will the new device open up to?

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this will open up a whole new realm of possibilities. With better hardware you can have much better games, and alot better looking games. The iphone games were really good for the device they were one, let alot a device with alot more power. I think for the most part you will start to see games that are very close to those that you would play on most normal computers, but of course you have to keep in mind it is a tablet, so with the lack of a physical keyboard, playing certain games poses a risk.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw a skate boarding game, also heard it will have all the iphone games.

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a skate boarding game, also heard it will have all the iphone games.

Yeah i just read that in an article that most devs were told to have a full screen option for their apps available soon for testing or something of the like.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw some racing game in it. You used one finger to move the car. Splits the screen for two player. By split the screen the people have to be in the same side. One on one side and one on the other. Looks very interesting.

Kakusei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How would that work exactly? Two people on one iSlate/iPad.

Maybe they'll bring Line Rider or something like that into it.
Hopefully they'll get Chess and/or Othello/Reversi on it with multiplayer on and off wifi, that'd be nice.

Varking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe now we "on the go" techies can finally get our first good looking MMORPG without having to lug around a laptop.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how games can take advantage of the new A4 processor. It should provide enough power for some time graphics.

Reaction score
The devs, of all sizes, are up for it by the looks of it on a number of the usual web boards. The big companies have enough vision to know a winner when they see it, and are enthusiastic.

All seems promising, just don't expect big titles from big companies at the old iphone/ipod pricing.

Most reactions