What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen on tv, doctors and clerks using iPads as a professional tool. Hope to get one soon!

I'm rather curious about this one. I love my iPad, and I'm also quite fond of my new laptop. But I can't see the iPad being a serious work tool, unless a bunch of them are connected together through a large network or something like that.

user923545

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad Repair

The Ipad is a great resource for students. It is compact and alot easier to carry around. Its also great for entertainment. However, once broken, ipad repair can be quite expensive. I live in Texas, I broke my screen and it was hard to find a good local shop. I missed my baby lol.

foslock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gamesindorms.com
I go to school at Tufts University (outside of Boston, MA) and I use my iPad for most of my classes that don't require copious note taking. My laptop's ('08 Macbook Pro) battery life can't last the entire day like my iPad and once I got used to the typing style of the iPad's touch screen I was fine with it. It's also so light!

ArnoldFederer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Technology is always the mirror for the education.iPad is not the exception for it.It helps us to access information in a great speed.

asaied

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad frequently used at schools and colleges , this will promote educational orientation .

ericwalker425

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im a collage student and using the iPad for school is difficult I type all my papers on docs to go, save them to drop box and I use a paid app call onlive desktop to submit all my papers it works very well

Last edited:

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad provides lots of applications and some important applications are used as a education tool. So many students can attend online classes with the help of ipad high speed Internet capacity.

some_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like iPads, but I dout it can help me in studong. E.g. how about compatibility with office documents? I'm often need to open MS Word documents. Showl I ever convert them to PDF or what?

Reaction score
I think the iPad would be an excellent device for school. There a lots of applications that are very helpful to students. Such as iBooks. There are also lots of math apps that are good for use too. I have troubles in school with math, and my principle had an iPad that she would call me over every thursday to her office and she would have me play a math app of her iPad to help with my learning. It was a adding subtracting and multiplying app. It helped excellently. I think our math tutors in our school should also use these apps to help kids with their math. I found these apps very helpful and I'm sure lots of other kids in the school will too.
GarageBand is also a great app for music class. Our music teacher has an iMac that she uses for our class songs every year with GarageBand to record us singing and add the instruments to the songs to make them sound good. The music teacher said that she may have us bring in our iPads in to make our own songs with.

iBooks is also an excellent app. There are lots of great books on iBooks. There's lots of good free books too. It would be an excellent reading app for children. It has a bookmark and you can just type in any page on the search if you lose your page.

The younger grades in our school use iPads. I can remember what reasons, but they are obviously used for good use. So, I think the iPad would be an excellent device for schools everywhere.

jockrobin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my younger brother also want to get an ipad used on his campus for study and learning.

Cond#32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great thread!full of advices and very useful..as a student everything i read I'll probably do it for my Ipad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts