What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for Business: Replacing the notebook?

walkertg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about WritePad

Is WritePad the kind of app you are looking for?
(I can't post links on here yet so search on iTunes or go to PhatWare dot com.)

I haven't tried this yet (iPad on order!) so if you try it, please post a review.

I'm looking for something that can take notes written with a stylus, and covert to text. Ideally it should allow simple diagrams to be drawn too (arrows, boxes, underline etc.). Please let me know if you find anything better.

Arnz98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im confused. Are you talking about being able to write on the ipad like a student's notebook? Because at first i thought notebook as in laptop replacement.

Anyway, I use Note Taker HD to take handwritten notes at work. If you dont need to format, either HW mail or Fastfinga will work very well as staight up handwriting apps. You can email the pages as PDF files if you need to transfer them to your PC.

I know of no apps with handwritiing recognition however, that is to turn your handwriting to typewritten text.

Hope i understood your question correctly and this helps

PS Penultimate is another handwriting app but I dont like it at all

Last edited:

kvyoung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a recent video of digital ink on the iPad over at the GottaBemobile site. I would have posted the link here but apparently because this is my first post in these forums I am not allowed to post the link.

The app in use is Penultimate. If you are looking for OneNote sync check out MobileNoter.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad can be used to replace a notebook if you have access to another system through RDP or a similar protocol. There are just too many things that it can't do in an IT environment on its own at this point.

As time goes on (3 to 5 years down the road) the technology will improve and the tablet form factor will replace the notebook.

Too much to expect it to on the first iteration.

harv2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at iMeetingPad for note taking. I literally just picked it up so haven't used it extensively enough to truly review it, but it looks promising.

Most reactions