What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Facebook App is Finally Here!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

The New York Times Bits blog heralds the fact that Facebook has finally launched its long-awaited and much-leaked iPad app in the App Store. Available from today as a free download, according to the official Facebook blog, highlights of the app include: bigger and better photos, which can be flipped through just like pictures in a real photo album; a fast navigation system via the left-hand menu, which lists your games, apps, groups and lists; and messages and notifications at the top of every screen so that you don’t lose your place. Well, as nice as all that sounds, it’s not exactly thrilling, and iPad owners usually expect something just a little bit extra if an app is to grace their device, but I’m glad to say that Facebook has also included some rather more impressive features to truly enhance your Facebook experience on your iPad, such as being able to play games and use apps in full-screen mode, which is probably an exciting enough feature for all those millions of Facebook gamers out there that it might even make them want to buy an iPad if they don't already have one. Also featured is the ability to watch high-res videos inline, record HD video, and stream content to Airplay devices.

Click here to download the free app: App Store - Facebook

Source: At Long Last, Facebook Releases an iPad App - NYTimes.com
Introducing Facebook for iPad | Facebook

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked fine here, for the few minutes I was on it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maura said:
http://www.ipadforums.net/wallpapers/member-galleries/p1400-facebook-app.html

The New York Times Bits blog heralds the fact that Facebook has finally launched its long-awaited and much-leaked iPad app in the App Store. Available from today as a free download, according to the official Facebook blog, highlights of the app include: bigger and better photos, which can be flipped through just like pictures in a real photo album; a fast navigation system via the left-hand menu, which lists your games, apps, groups and lists; and messages and notifications at the top of every screen so that you donÂ’t lose your place. Well, as nice as all that sounds, itÂ’s not exactly thrilling, and iPad owners usually expect something just a little bit extra if an app is to grace their device, but IÂ’m glad to say that Facebook has also included some rather more impressive features to truly enhance your Facebook experience on your iPad, such as being able to play games and use apps in full-screen mode, which is probably an exciting enough feature for all those millions of Facebook gamers out there that it might even make them want to buy an iPad if they don't already have one. Also featured is the ability to watch high-res videos inline, record HD video, and stream content to Airplay devices.

Click here to download the free app: App Store - Facebook

Source: At Long Last, Facebook Releases an iPad App - NYTimes.com
Introducing Facebook for iPad | Facebook

News travels fast here I see!! I was going to post but guess I don't need to know. Getting rid of mypad for iPad. Yay!!!

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

Fxgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great update for me the FB, love it. Using it now. Hopefully will not crash my ipad2

isrararrafi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
played with it for 4-5 mins in ipad 1...looks and feels very stable...love the sliding interface!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just downloaded it and now it's disappeared. In the app store it says installed but I can't find it. Was this a US release only maybe. Cant work it out

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just downloaded it and now it's disappeared. In the app store it says installed but I can't find it. Was this a US release only maybe. Cant work it out

Worked for me. The icon should be on the first screen with room (after the normal home page).

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
miket5au said:
Worked for me. The icon should be on the first screen with room (after the normal home page).

Yes thanks I know. I even watched it start to download, but it has just gone. Very weird

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes thanks I know. I even watched it start to download, but it has just gone. Very weird

Sorry, not trying to teach you how to suck eggs :) Just noting that it worked for me in Canberra.

Sometimes syncing with iTunes will restore / resuscitate the missing application. iTunes will download it on the PC and hopefully it will then appear on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts