What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Equipped Robot Waits in Line for a New iPhone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
lucy-lol-great-name.jpg

It looks like we have already reached that apex of absurdity for folks who insist on waiting in line for a new iPhone. This situation is very meta, which is what makes it so humorous as well. A woman in Sydney, Australia is waiting in line to buy a new iPhone 6S (or 6S Plus), but she is doing it remotely, using an iPad equipped telepresence robot.

Yep, you read that right. A woman named Lucy Kelly is letting a robotic assistant (which is basically just an iPad on Segway-style wheels) stand in for her to wait in line for a new iPhone. The robot showed up at 5am and is currently fourth-in-line to get a new iPhone.

Kelly is using an app to periodically login and communicate with the actual humans waiting in line, and she is doing it all from the comfort of her home or office. Kelly borrowed the robot from her media agency. She said, "I wanted to be one of the first people to have the iPhone 6S, but obviously because of work I can't spend two days standing in line waiting for a mobile phone. So my boss said 'just take the robot down, you'll still be able to do your work, but you'll still be waiting in line.'"

Supposedly, Kelly claims none of the diehard fans currently waiting in line in the flesh are jealous, desoite the freezing nights. She said, "Everyone thinks it is pretty cool, they were happy to let a robot go ahead."

So, basically we have an iPad waiting in line to buy an iPhone. Yup... I think we just "jumped the shark." :D

Source: Mashable

Last edited:

Most reactions