What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad display problem

ZeeDD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad display problem [SOLVED]

Hi all,

1st: Sorry for my poor english, I'm french...

2nd: Now here is my problem:

I've just bought a brand new Ipad 64Gb WIFI and it seems to have a display problem.

I can see a clear spot of about 1cm long at the middle-right side of the screen. It's particuliary visible when the display is grey or white.

The spot is reacting with pressure, I mean that if I push around it with my finger its brightness varies.

I've tried to get it of with the screen massage technique, but no luck :(

I've tried to restore the OS with itunes, reset the Ipad, etc... No more result.

I've called the Apple Support and they have validate the replacement procedure.

Do you think that I should replace my Ipad or is there a home-made solution ? I'm afraid to receive a worst product...

You can also take a look at the two pictures i've joined to my post. (Just replace the "*" character with a "t" in the URL).

Thanks a lot for help.

Franck.

Imageshack - dsc0421wv.jpg

Imageshack - dsc0427l.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Z

ZeeDD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI,

Thanks for answers guys !

I will receive the UPS box tomorrow or thuesday, and will send my Ipad immediately for the replacement.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks all.

Franck.

OP
Z

ZeeDD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are the news, the bad news: Apple received my Ipad today and here is the answer: Could not duplicate issue (02-Jun-2010) - Original product shipped (02-Jun-2010) !!!!!

I'm sorry but there is nothing to reproduce, the problem IS there, the brightning stain is there permanently !! Just look at the photos !

Great Apple, thank you ! A defect 699$ gadget

Any help needed now...

Franck.

Eyeheartmono

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with my iPad, really annoying please post up if you find an answer. Thanks

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are the news, the bad news: Apple received my Ipad today and here is the answer: Could not duplicate issue (02-Jun-2010) - Original product shipped (02-Jun-2010) !!!!!

I'm sorry but there is nothing to reproduce, the problem IS there, the brightning stain is there permanently !! Just look at the photos !

Great Apple, thank you ! A defect 699$ gadget

Any help needed now...

Franck.

Find out what the return policy is, and if possible say you don't like it and return it.

Then buy another one.

I don't know what there policy is so this could be a wasted effort. Still worth looking into though.

And if you can't return it, then send it back again until they do something.

Dane

OP
Z

ZeeDD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know: I went to Paris Apple Store last week, and Genius Bar replaced my defect Ipad without any problem.

So my problem is now solved.

Thanks to all for the help !

Franck.

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know: I went to Paris Apple Store last week, and Genius Bar replaced my defect Ipad without any problem.

So my problem is now solved.

Thanks to all for the help !

Franck.

Glad you got it sorted. I would of complained to Apple if they refused it's there fault they should of rectified the problem.

baconator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oooh..I just noticed that my ipad2 has the exact same kind of "
spot"! I will be taking it back to the Apple store tomorrow for a replacement.
Question: how will I get all of my Apps &saved sites on to the new ipad? Wil they do it for me or will I have to reload everything myself?

This is a pain...I just got everything set to the way I like it. I hope I can remember all of the settings! LOL. (this is my first MAC product so I am a total mac-newbie!)

I will let you know what happens.....hoping for the best. :)

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can restore your new iPad from a backup of your old one in iTunes. Make sure you have an up to date backup before you exchange your old iPad by connecting it to iTunes and allowing it to sync.

baconator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can restore your new iPad from a backup of your old one in iTunes. Make sure you have an up to date backup before you exchange your old iPad by connecting it to iTunes and allowing it to sync.

Thanks so much for the help. :)

Should I let them do this for me at the Apple store? or will this be easy for me to do myself?

And, how can I make sure ALL of my passwords are totally erased off of this defective ipad2? Will clear history & cache do this? (or do I need to change all of my passwords?)

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
No they won't be able to do it in store, you need to sync with your own itunes library.

You can erase all contents and settings on the ipad (once you've done the backup).

baconator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No they won't be able to do it in store, you need to sync with your own itunes library.

You can erase all contents and settings on the ipad (once you've done the backup).

Done! :D
I actually figured it out on my own. LOL. (I am actually starting to like Apple more than windows:) )

I called the Apple store and they said they would exchange it - no problem at all. Now I just need to find an Apple store in the area that HAS a white 32G iPad2....that will prove to be more difficult.
I will report back when exchanged.

baconator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I am waiting on the Apple store to replace(get them back in stock) my ipad 2 because of the “white spot” on my screen I thought I would post a couple of interesting articles I came across. (just a couple of MANY on Google when I typed in “white spot on my ipad screen”)

Bright spot on screen
https://discussions.apple.com/message/13226058#13226058

If Your iPad 2 Has Display Problems, DO NOT Return It. Here’s Why
http://www.cultofmac.com/if-your-ipad-2-has-display-problems-do-not-return-it-heres-why/87197

Most reactions

Latest posts