What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Ipad" data

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed the Appleid on my IPad mini recently and in the process of deleting the old id and setting up the new one it asks if you want to save contact & calendar info. All went well and I got it done. My question is can that data from the old id be deleted somehow? For example on Calendar I have data from IClound and another set of calendars from "Ipad" which I assume is the saved data from the id switch. Same is true for Contacts. It's annoying more than a problem.
Thanks,
Russ

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should still be able to access your old iCloud account on a computer browser by going to icloud.com. I don't remember a Delete All feature for anything, so it may take a lot of manual work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How could it be under the old ID if that id is not referenced anywhere in the phone? I will definitely check that but I assumed when it said it would save the data that it did so on the device itself.
I will check and get back to you.
Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ohhhh. My bad. I misudnderstood what you wanted. That's what happens when you're trying to do two things at once. Sorry.

If I understand right, what you did was chose to save the data locally when you signed out of your old account. That caused a local copy of all yoru info. When you created and/or signed in with your new account, you should have had an option to Merge the data. If you said no, then each app would have created two separate accounts. The old one would be a purley local account that syncs with nothing. The second would have been a (probably) empty account that syncs with your new iCloud account.

Probably the best way to fix this would be to go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, choosing that account and turn off the offending apps. When they ask if you want to save locally, say NO. When you turn them back on you should get a Merge option. Say YES to that. Whatever is on the new account (stored in iCloud) should merge with whatever is still in the local account, and both will sync with the new iCloud account. Keeping all you stuff in one place.

That's assuming you want to keep all your stuff. If not, the solution is likely to be more complicated.

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How could it be under the old ID if that id is not referenced anywhere in the phone? I will definitely check that but I assumed when it said it would save the data that it did so on the device itself.
I will check and get back to you.
Thanks
Tried your suggestion and that did the trick. Thanks for the help!

Most reactions