What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Curious

jorge.livingston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all - Joboo here - been a PC junkie for decades now - the wife and I have android phones - I've been dead-set against apple products for years, but the everytime I talk to an iPad user, or get a few moments with an iPad I feel it calling to me... Thinking about getting the wife an iPad for starters.

Steve333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here though I wasn't anti-Apple, just never used one. Always ran the latest Microsoft offering or Linux distro. My employer switched us all to iPhones last year and that got me interested in the iPad as a substitute for a big computer. Bought one last weekend and it's great in fact, it's all I've used here at home since.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all - Joboo here - been a PC junkie for decades now - the wife and I have android phones - I've been dead-set against apple products for years, but the everytime I talk to an iPad user, or get a few moments with an iPad I feel it calling to me... Thinking about getting the wife an iPad for starters.

Hi Jorge...Welcome to the forum!!

I think that your wife (and you) will just love an ipad! I have to agree with Steve, that since purchasing my ipad--that is the most frequently used device for surfing the net, reading, listening to music etc. When I have to do higher level tasks for work, I still use my desktop. The ipad is just a really nice user experience. Very fast, simple device--that just makes sense!!

Good luck and best wishes! :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm sure you and your wife would love an iPad. I especially like the part about the iPad calling to you. I'm thinking you should get 2, no way would I share mine. :)

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
never a fan of the ipod and ip3 shape in general due to it's propensity to shoot out of a top pocket, i too was a very reluctant convert to Apple. my brother-in-law bought the iPhone4 and i had a proper play with it, something that is nearly impossible to do with such a versatile device in the stores.

coming from a dedicated windows mobile environment (where apps were still called programs), and flirted with Nokia offerings, i had not appreciated while the device was more expensive that the magnitude of apps are fairly cheap in comparison.

the feel of the ip4 is sheer class, the pad 2 feel is also good, tbh i prefer the case of the original iPad as it is more like the angular ip4 than a bar of soap cut through. but the winner is to have a tablet that replicates the phone, as a small business owner it allows a familiarity and degree of disaster recovery if one fails or s lost.

i was using my iPhone4 more and more instead of a laptop, now the iPad2 is used for most things with the exception of my accounts program.

people often compare Hi End Android tablets to iPads, but the ones i've seen all take as long as a PC to boot, where the iPad is instant on, something once you used to it you taken as given - until your unlucky to have to use an Android ;).

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was pretty anti-Apple, and I still don't approve of many aspects of their corporate behavior, but this is for discussion somewhere else. Regarding the device, I have found it outstanding for content / information consumption. My linux-mint netbook gathers dust.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Count me in. Your story is mine also. Sometime I think the display is sending out subliminal message which have reprogrammed me. My kids all laugh at my transformation and remind me of my anti apple statements.
The key is the smart cover. Simply perfect for quick information engorgement. I am so sold on apple that now I plan to buy a MacBook pro.

Cheers

P.S. keep your wife away from FarmVille - that app has so type of thermion that women just can't resist. Some men too.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts