What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Children's Picture Book Review Site

marchold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have set up a review site that focuses on iPad Children's Picture Books.
It is a good way to sort through the junk.

Moderator edit...removed external links! Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigchicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice site Marc! We have also started up an iPad book review site this month. We will be focusing on children's books and doing video reviews. The iPad is a whole new way for kids to experience books and we're looking forward to seeing lots of innovation in this area!

The site is called EDITED

cheers,

mike
:8^]

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

bigchicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it. But found no reviews. What am I missing?

Are you sure you went to the right site?
There are definitely reviews up there ....

mike
'8^,

OP
M

marchold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice site Marc! We have also started up an iPad book review site this month. We will be focusing on children's books and doing video reviews. The iPad is a whole new way for kids to experience books and we're looking forward to seeing lots of innovation in this area!

The site is called < Moderator edit...>

cheers,

mike
:8^]

I looked atEDITED site and I like the reviews. One of the things we do at ...<Moderator edit...> which is unique, is we have a way to rate the books in a variety of characteristics, so people can search for < Moderator Edit...>, or a variety.

I had been thinking of setting up a way for sites such as appcheese.com to add their reviews to our database. So the idea would be that appcheese (or others) could fill out ratings categories [Moderator edit...], but the actual review would link back to the appcheese site. This is in the brainstorming phase right now, I don't know if any other review sites would be interested in participating?

bigchicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Marc,

Thanks for checking the site out. I like your ratings system and linking idea. Let me know if you get it up and running. We're trying to keep it simple for the moment and focus on the higher end titles (at least until we run out!).

:8^)

KibaKiba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To find new children's picture books in the iBookstore, please search "Kiba Kiba Books" - There are 7 picture books illustrated by children. You can find Kiba Kiba Books online atEDITED .

Thanks!
Jessica

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Carisa said:
Wow, this thread is really old, but reminds me how far we've come ... I just want to say thank you for all the support from this forum.

Digital-Storytime now has over 500 reviews (more than 50 free) and we're about to release an app version of our site by the end of this month. We also launched Kindle, Nook & Android sites earlier this year. We have a blog with digital publishing topics, top 10 lists for struggling readers, a series on marketing kids apps and even several posts with recommendations from my volunteer work this year with literacy apps in my son's Kindergarten class. Our daily deals on kids apps are still handpicked by me every day for educational quality.

We really appreciate the support of the great members here for our truly mom & pop review site - thank you!

Carisa

Thanks for all the excellent reviews Carisa. It is my "go to guide."

intabactive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a brilliant picture book called "My Favourite Monsters" which has been created using ibooks author. It has only just become available on the ibookstore aswell and includes tons of interactive features which include having each page read out to you with the touch of a button, also loads of fun sounds for you and you're children to explore as you can touch each monster and they talk to you, its great. Not forgetting to mention the interactive games and drawing activities which are built directly into the book using ibooks author's amazing html widget! Honestly its a must buy and at the introductory price of just 99p, its a must have ibook especially if you have little ones between the ages of 6-12.

Search for "My Favourite Monsters" on the ibookstore now!

Most reactions