What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad charger heat issues?

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may be me I'm not sure but does anyone else's ipad charge plug get really warm. I've never had this issues with any of my apple devices (iPod/iPhone)

I wouldn't say it's hot where you can't touch but the fact I can feel the heat I'm concerned.

(Big Business Game App - player name: Beaneys city name: kêl)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It may be me I'm not sure but does anyone else's ipad charge plug get really warm. I've never had this issues with any of my apple devices (iPod/iPhone)

I wouldn't say it's hot where you can't touch but the fact I can feel the heat I'm concerned.

There's nothing wrong with the charger getting warm. In fact, if it didn't get warm, it wouldn't be working.

OP
kelB

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the charger getting warm. In fact, if it didn't get warm, it wouldn't be working.

Ahh we'll that's ok then. Never noticed on other devices that's what made me wonder.. While I have an open topic on charger, do I have to use the one that comes with the ipad? I mean its huge compared to the ones that come with other apple devices.. If I was of use the same as my iPhone 5 charge plug would it damage anything?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh we'll that's ok then. Never noticed on other devices that's what made me wonder.. While I have an open topic on charger, do I have to use the one that comes with the ipad? I mean its huge compared to the ones that come with other apple devices.. If I was of use the same as my iPhone 5 charge plug would it damage anything?

The iPad charger is bigger than the iPhone charger because it supplies more power for the much larger iPad battery. While you could use the iPhone charger on the iPad, it would take much longer to charge the battery and would only charge while the iPad was asleep.

OP
kelB

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad charger is bigger than the iPhone charger because it supplies more power for the much larger iPad battery. While you could use the iPhone charger on the iPad, it would take much longer to charge the battery and would only charge while the iPad was asleep.

Ok, I will stick to the charge plug it came with then.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I will stick to the charge plug it came with then.

Personally, I use my iPad charger for both my iPhone and iPad. It will charge your phone quicker and can cause no harm to the phone.

OP
kelB

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you not find the plug weird compared to standard plugs? I mean the whole slide the 2 parts together to make a plug just seems silly.. I'd much prefer 1 unit. The plug sticks out way to much once plugged in the wall.

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't get one with my used purchase. So I got one off eBay, I thought the very warm module was due to cheap Chinese design. If a real Apple one gets hot, too, then maybe wasn't as bad as I first thought.

The battery doctor app thinks its doing pretty good. It seems to allow several hours after charging before complaining of overcharging. So, translating, a few hrs of trickle is ok, but not for long times. Somewhere I read to not charge more than 6 hrs after fully charged.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

Most reactions

Latest posts