What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad bought from my friend

Davdavdav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi I recently bought my mates iPad from him and I reset it and logged in with my apple id.
Can my mate track this iPad and stick it in list mode etc as he said he is going to do it as a prank.
Surely the fact that I have reset it and set it up as muon iPad would not let him do that from his find my iPhone account.
Thanks in advance

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you restored (not reset) it, did the setup start from the Hello screen, and take you through the setup options? If so, then the only way he can mess with you is if he has somehow gotten ahold of your Apple ID, or the password you set on the iPad.

The Hello screen is what you see when you first start an iPad out of the box, or you use Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings. It starts with a gray screen that says Hello (in various languages) in the middle of the screen, and Slide to Set Up at the bottom.

OP
Davdavdav

Davdavdav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you restored (not reset) it, did the setup start from the Hello screen, and take you through the setup options? If so, then the only way he can mess with you is if he has somehow gotten ahold of your Apple ID, or the password you set on the iPad.

The Hello screen is what you see when you first start an iPad out of the box, or you use Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings. It starts with a gray screen that says Hello (in various languages) in the middle of the screen, and Slide to Set Up at the bottom.
Yeah it was from the "hello" screen

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Then you sould be as save as an iPad can be, which is pretty safe; if you set reasonably secure passwords on your Apple ID and lock screen, and keep them stored safely.

Enabling 2-step verification on your Apple and/or iCloud ID isn't a bad idea either.

OP
Davdavdav

Davdavdav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What Apple ID is logged into iCloud on this iPad? If it's yours you are safe. If it is your mates, then there may be issues.
Hi. It is my ID. He used his to reset the iPad and then the white hello screen came up and I set it up with my own id

OP
Davdavdav

Davdavdav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Hello screen is what you see when you first start an iPad out of the box
1ce6.jpg
ht11.jpg
Thanks.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Hello screen is what you see when you first start an iPad out of the box
1ce6.jpg
ht11.jpg
THe Hello Screen is what appears at the beginning of the setup process. The previous users iCloud account can still be present when you go through the setup process.
The good news is that in this case the current owner has nothing to worry about.

OP
Davdavdav

Davdavdav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THe Hello Screen is what appears at the beginning of the setup process. The previous users iCloud account can still be present when you go through the setup process.
The good news is that in this case the current owner has nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean when you say the previous owners iCloud data may still be present? Even though I've now set it up as my iPad ?

Most reactions

Latest posts