What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad battery dies quickly since14.8 update

Twiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I updated my Ipad to 14.8, my battery dies very quickly. I have to keep it plugged into the charger. Has anyone else had this issue? I have done a hard reboot and that doesn’t make any difference.

OP
T

Twiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPad Air 2 that I purchased in 2016.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an old Air 2 which I still use in conjunction with a newer iPad Pro. The Air 2 does need more frequent charging than the Pro, but the latest update has not affected it.

OP
T

Twiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is an app that is being affected or causing a conflict by the update. My husband has an Ipad Air 2 as well and doesn't seem to have a problem. He also does not have many apps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Give it a couple days. After a major update there are often a lot of background tasks going on; rebuilding databases, downloading apps and data, etc. Make sure you restart it (power off). If it's still a problem after a couple days, you may have battery issues.

You can also check the Settings > Battery settings and see what apps, if any, are using a lot of battery. Pay close attention to those that may be operating in the background when they should not need to.

Most reactions

Latest posts