What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Backup

liamsutton6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm only new to this forum this morning
Just a question about backing up my iPad 3g on the pc it is taking literally hours maybe 14 hours or longer
I'm just wondering is it because I have a magazines and newspapers that I subscribe to that is slowing up the backup process I think myself it is

Thanks

Liam

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This slow backing up has been noticed by a number of Forum members. There seems to be an emerging consensus that backing up via iTunes on your PC/Mac is not really necessary. Why?

Well, if you lost everything iTunes remembers the apps, videos and music that you've purchased and you can download them again. So all you really need to back up are any documents that you've authored on the iPad. Photos - well, you probably have these on your PC anyway. You can more easily back up your documents using a cloud server, such as Apple's MobileMe iDisk.

I'm sure they'll be several - probably dozens! - of Forum members that will disagree but I'm one of those people (who will probably live to regret it) that sync'd their iPad with their PC on the day I bought it and have never connected it again....I just know I'm going to regret it.......but life is short...and backing up just takes too much time....

Tim
Scotland

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After the first time it gets a little faster. Try this, load all your music, videos, books and music, then back it up as long as it takes the first time. After that when you download new apps, do it in itunes and select them then start to sync, when it says "backing up" click on the X in a circle on the right of the status block, where it says "backing up", backup will stop and the syncing will continue. It's much faster. Or download this program "BackOff" from Transfer iPod, iPhone & iPad Music, Pictures and Files to Computer , it will allow you to turn off backup and just sync. It's free. Just remember to allow it to backup at least once a week.

Most reactions

Latest posts