What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as a Peripheral?

ColinScatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.colinscattergood.com
Hey all,

I'm getting my iPad later this week, and was wondering if there might be a way to use it as a peripheral for my mac.

What I'm really thinking is it would be insanely sweet to be able to use, for instance, one of the piano apps and have Garageband see it as a piano. I guess it would a. need to be jailbroken and b. the specific app would probably have to be built around that concept...

Anyone heard of anything like this?

Is it even possible?

-Colin

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm getting my iPad later this week, and was wondering if there might be a way to use it as a peripheral for my mac.

What I'm really thinking is it would be insanely sweet to be able to use, for instance, one of the piano apps and have Garageband see it as a piano. I guess it would a. need to be jailbroken and b. the specific app would probably have to be built around that concept...

Is it even possible?

-Colin
Connect the earphone jack of the iPad to the microphone in on your Mac.

OP
C

ColinScatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.colinscattergood.com
Hey all,

Is it even possible?

-Colin

Duh!!! That's a great solution!! Good thinking!

Thanks!!!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

Is it even possible?

-Colin

Duh!!! That's a great solution!! Good thinking!

Thanks!!!
Welcome! I used to play bass in a garage band on pretty screwed up equipment. Hums and buzzes were louder than our music!:D

Most reactions