What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad art program search

Tobo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,

Does anyone know of an iPad app that will let you create/draw pictures of a certain size, eg 100x200 pixels, and let you save it for use elsewhere, ie the web!

I use Gusto for my HTML(ing) and upload of text, but I'd also like to create and upload the odd picture.

Any pointers?

Much ta,

Tobo

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use two apps for that. First Brushes or Sketchbook Pro to draw and then edit, crop, shrink and upload (limited upload locations supported) them with Photogene.

OP
T

Tobo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fantastic - I have Sketchbook Pro, so will definately check out Photogenie.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have Layers Pro, Brushes, SketchBook, and ArtStudio. None of them have all the features I like, but I use ArtStudio the most because it has the fastest brush response. It will let you set the size of the canvas when you create a new project.

You can save the finished project in PSD or PNG and either email it or send it to Gallery. Once in the Gallery most file management apps can get to it, including DropBox.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Layers Pro, Brushes, SketchBook, and ArtStudio. None of them have all the features I like, but I use ArtStudio the most because it has the fastest brush response. It will let you set the size of the canvas when you create a new project.

You can save the finished project in PSD or PNG and either email it or send it to Gallery. Once in the Gallery most file management apps can get to it, including DropBox.
I got SketchBook Pro but I miss my Photoshop selection tools. Do any of the other Apps have some?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I got SketchBook Pro but I miss my Photoshop selection tools. Do any of the other Apps have some?

Of the four I have, I could only find selection tools in ArtStudio. That doesn't mean they don't have any, just that they were not obvious enough for me to find.

Looks like you've got rectangle, oval, loop, magic wand, and a color selection tool. There are also some union, overlap, exclusion icons that I'm guessing you can do some sort of masking with.

Oh, you can set layers as masks too. I've experimented with none of these features, so I won't guarantee they work well. But the basic drawing and layer features haven't let me down yet.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Heh, I went to the store to check on it, just to see how much money I was talking you out of. It shows the selection tools on the first sample page.

Speaking of money, you might want to head over there now. Seems they are having a 50% off sale.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heh, I went to the store to check on it, just to see how much money I was talking you out of. It shows the selection tools on the first sample page.

Speaking of money, you might want to head over there now. Seems they are having a 50% off sale.
I know, I got it and it's nice! (see post#7)

Thanks!:)

OP
T

Tobo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - thanks for the heads-up about ArtStudio; what a little gem of a program that is!

Dammit, I love the iPad!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an app to resize pic to 3000x3000px with 200-300DPI (dots per inch)? I have a cafepress shop and the tshirt templates require this. PhotoPad by zagg allows me to resize to 3000x2796px but not sure if this also increases dpi or not. I'm on the go alot and dont have a laptop or pc handy all the time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts