What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and Wiimote

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the iPad working with the WiiMote? They now have it working with the Nexus One and Motorola Droid!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnVZgLPcq8U]YouTube - Playing games on the N1 with Wii Controller!!![/ame]

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must be possible, as the person in this vid is using a wiimote.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaTvPfKBJpQ]YouTube - [iPad-Jailbreak] snes4iphone / Wiimote[/ame]

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can reassign the wiimote buttons? I find it difficult playing super Mario sussing the trigger to run...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can reassign the wiimote buttons? I find it difficult playing super Mario sussing the trigger to run...

Not that I know....once they finally release a tru iPad version without controls taking up the whole screen and add classic support its pretty pointless for anything but RPG games that don't require any twitch.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not that I know....once they finally release a tru iPad version without controls taking up the whole screen and add classic support its pretty pointless for anything but RPG games that don't require any twitch.

I am going to spend some time this weekend going through a few games, find out if any are fine witht he three buttons supported by the wiimote.

Super Mario World and Super Mario Allstars arent too bad if you can get used to the trigger acting as run/fireball.

Not sure which other games would be. Other similar platformers maybe - Aero the Acrobat, Bubsy Bobcat etc. Shame it doesnt support the classic controller.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zottd has announced that classic controller support is coming with the ipad app. It's also being added to all of his other emulators....

Mame with classic controller support would be awesome. Think of all the beat em ups!!! King of fighters on iPad, with the wii fight stick = drooooool

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
Zottd has announced that classic controller support is coming with the ipad app. It's also being added to all of his other emulators....

Mame with classic controller support would be awesome. Think of all the beat em ups!!! King of fighters on iPad, with the wii fight stick = drooooool
He said mame is coming as well but no definite timeframe on that

Digitalpanther

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's how, you go to cydia and type in SNES AD+ install it and run. Go to the settings tab, turn the wiimote option on, and it well ask you to sync your remote. Then play any game they give you or install your own. Easy as!

Most reactions

Latest posts