What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and iTunes..

kskwerl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just got an iPad 16GB WiFi the other day and I'm kinda confused about the whole iTunes syncing thing. Here's a good example. I'm at work right now and I have iTunes on my computer, I just synced 600 books here at work from iTunes, now say I go home tonight and sync 600 more books...will I lose the ones I synced at work or will I then have a total of 1200 books or will I only have the ones that are on my home computer and I will have lost the 600 I synced from work.

kaspia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes will only let you sync to one computer at a time. So if you try syncing your iPad anywhere else, it will erase the previous sync from the other computer before syncing to the new computer. You can right-click on your iPad in iTunes and click "Transfer Purchases" so that all the new apps will be transfer to that iTunes library. Then you will have to sync it all at once to get all 1200 books or what ever that are you trying to get all on your iPad.

You are allow to authorize up to 5 computers at a time with your iTunes ID.

OP
K

kskwerl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes will only let you sync to one computer at a time. So if you try syncing your iPad anywhere else, it will erase the previous sync from the other computer before syncing to the new computer. You can right-click on your iPad in iTunes and click "Transfer Purchases" so that all the new apps will be transfer to that iTunes library. Then you will have to sync it all at once to get all 1200 books or what ever that are you trying to get all on your iPad.

You are allow to authorize up to 5 computers at a time with your iTunes ID.

nice thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts