What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad and HDMI tv lead

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3rd party lead that connects my IPad to a HDMI port on my tv that works very well. This lead also has an integral charging lead that plugs into the Apple charger.
The HDMI lead works on its own. The charger lead works on its own, as long as the HDMI lead is not plugged into the tv, chargers the IPad and allows me to connect to iTunes on my iMac over wifi, BUT when I plug the HDMI lead into the tv the iPad stops charging, HDMI still works and the iPad will restart charging when the HDMI lead is unplugged from the tv. Have tried it on 2 tvs and the same problem. Anyone have any idea of a fix?

Sent from my iPad using iPF - iPad 2

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Who makes it? My Apple one (HDMI and 30 pin to 30 pin) will charge the iPad, play through the HDMI and do both at the same time. I just took a pic with my phone and will edit this to add the picture

Edit: to add picture

image-2859276962.jpg

OP
W

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found the problem. The tv aerial lead. Unplug the aerial, everything works as it should. There must be some feedback interference that switches off the charging. Going to try a ferrite antiferance device. Although I don't need the aerial when using the iPad via the tv.

OP
W

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, tried a ferrite antiferance magnet for the tv aerial Leeds. No joy. However tried a mains anti spike adapter plug that you plug into wall socket and then plug tv into this. Also the tv aerial lead plugs in also with a fly lead to tv aerial socket. Works perfectly.

Most reactions