What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad air: spooky copying text

Lightning Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a tech person so I am having a hard time believing this- but I need some answers. I am not a big Mac person so I could be unaware of certain things.

On the weekend, I was using my husband's iPad. I wanted to copy this one link to paste in the address bar -so I highlighted the text and pressed the text and hit copy. When I went to paste the text in the address bar - something else came up. It was a small message that was perhaps sent to someone. The message was very hurtful (something along the lines of "hey buddy.. miss uso much.. tired of this current situation... text me ur number."). I asked my husband about it (grilled him) to the point where he told me he has no idea how it got there if he did - he would tell me. He tells me everything and he is upset that I am crying over this. He then proceeds with saying how he wants to grow old with me and be one of those crazy old couples. He would never cheat on me or anything like that. I did not even bring the cheat card up - he just assumed I called him out on cheating.

The statement that I pasted in the address bar is the same context my husband texts. He does not spell "you" out and he does the .... However, I am pretty sure I have never heard him say hey buddy to anyone in the five years we have been together.

I just want to know.. if anyone has experienced a iPad or any other apple products copying something that they never copied before. If that makes sense? We are the only two that uses the iPad. It is locked so someone would have to ask for the use of it by asking us for the passcode. We never take it out of the house either. I certainly did not copy that text. The weird thing is why would this text be copied? I asked him to log into facebook and his emails and could not find this statement anywhere. I even did an exact word search in Google and could not find it.

Is he lying to me? I am ready for the answers - no matter how difficult it will be.

Is there any way I can find where this message originated from?

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The message's origin could be from any app on the iPad. It's not necessary that it was copied in Safari.

From time to time, when I want to copy text, my iPad doesn't remove the old information from the clipboard, and doesn't keep the new text. So when I want to paste the new text, the old one appears. I've been experiencing this every once in a while.

OP
L

Lightning Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually disabled Safari on the iPad and we use Chrome. Chrome is much faster. I am not sure where the message came from. Is there anyway to find out where it came from? He is not breaking and will not tell me anything. It is only us who use the iPad so it had to get copied from somewhere right?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This could be copied from anywhere on the iPad. It doesn't mean that he wrote the message himself, it can also be copied without intenting to do so from an app, like Twitter. There are many possibilites where it can come from.

donnaturner269

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a tech person so I am having a hard time believing this- but I need some answers. I am not a big Mac person so I could be unaware of certain things.

On the weekend, I was using my husband's iPad. I wanted to copy this one link to paste in the address bar -so I highlighted the text and pressed the text and hit copy. When I went to paste the text in the address bar - something else came up. It was a small message that was perhaps sent to someone. The message was very hurtful (something along the lines of "hey buddy.. miss uso much.. tired of this current situation... text me ur number."). I asked my husband about it (grilled him) to the point where he told me he has no idea how it got there if he did - he would tell me. He tells me everything and he is upset that I am crying over this. He then proceeds with saying how he wants to grow old with me and be one of those crazy old couples. He would never cheat on me or anything like that. I did not even bring the cheat card up - he just assumed I called him out on cheating.

The statement that I pasted in the address bar is the same context my husband texts. He does not spell "you" out and he does the .... However, I am pretty sure I have never heard him say hey buddy to anyone in the five years we have been together.

I just want to know.. if anyone has experienced a iPad or any other apple products copying something that they never copied before. If that makes sense? We are the only two that uses the iPad. It is locked so someone would have to ask for the use of it by asking us for the passcode. We never take it out of the house either. I certainly did not copy that text. The weird thing is why would this text be copied? I asked him to log into facebook and his emails and could not find this statement anywhere. I even did an exact word search in Google and could not find it.

Is he lying to me? I am ready for the answers - no matter how difficult it will be.

Is there any way I can find where this message originated from?

Thanks.
Hello, I have had the same issue as you have stated above. Did you find the answer?

Most reactions

Latest posts